3800 FS: Motorola RAZR V3 (Cingular)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I had to send in my old RAZR because something was wrong with it. So under warrenty Cingular sent me a Brand new in the box RAZR. I would keep this phone, but im kinda bord of it, and since EVERYONE has one of these I want to sell it and get something diffrent. Everything is included with this phone as if you bought it right from cingular except a SIM card. All you have todo is take your old SIM card out of your previous phone and put it in the RAZR so you still have all your numbers. Cingular sells this phone for probably $300 without a contract, and various sites sell it for $200 unlocked. Im looking for $175 pickedup or shipped, I will be at the meet on Friday.

Motorola RAZR V3 Features:

Very slim clamshell;
Display type LCD (65 K Colors) TFT with 176 x 220 pixels;
Second CSTN display (4096 colors) with 98 x 80 pixels;
Built-In VGA camera with resolution 640 x 480 pixels and 4x zoom;
Supports ringtones in MP3 format;
E-Mail Client (POP3, SMTP and IMAP4);
SMS, MMS and EMS;
MPEG4 video clip playback;
High-Speed Data Technology (32 - 48 kbps);
GPRS class 10;
Wireless Village IM (instant messaging);
JAVA (J2ME) version MIDP 2.0;
Supports 3D graphics;
Supports multiple languages
PC Sync;
Picture ID and Ringer ID;
Ringer Profiles;
2kHz polyphonic speaker with MP3 ringer support;
Predictive Text Entry (T9);
Speaker Phone type Full-Duplex;
Voice Memo
Vibration in the phone.

Pictures of my Exact Phone:

DSC05897Small.jpg

DSC05896Small.jpg

DSC05898Small.jpg

DSC05899Small.jpg

DSC05900Small.jpg

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
actually mike..... full retail price is 350 lol........ at radioshack at least and at the corporate stores its like 400 i thought someone said............ FYI anyone that is eligible for upgrade.........most places charge 200$......for an upgrade......... that being said......... this is a VERY reasonable price....... ill ask around for ya mike......... i might be able to get it sold to someone i know by friday..... we shall see

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I say it's a decent price.. and I am gonna ask the wife if I can get it.. but you can get them for 200 brand new direct from Cingular's website, after a $50 mail in rebate.

So it's essentially brand new, right?

You gotta read the fine print. - $199 with a new 2 year contract.

The phone is brand new (thats what the lady told me when she shiped it out from Cingular). It has everything wraped and there is protective covering on the phone.

Like I said, I had to send back my origional Razor because it was acting up, I demanded a brand new phone not a refurbished one, so thats what they sent me. I want to sell this one because I dont want a silver Razor, everyone has a Silver Razor! I might by a unlocked V3i.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
if you go to the gophone section of the site.. which is a type of plan where there are no contracts... they have it for 199.99 no contract.. after 50 MIR..

don't know if the link will work... but here is it...

Click here

cellphone.jpg

but like I said.. it's still money off of new.. I will talk to wifey later.. as my phone has been sucking lately..

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Whats the difference with the one your selling

and the

V3i
and the
V3C ???

The V3 is the first generation of Razors. The V3C is the Verizon version. The V3i has a transflash slot, MP3 player, 1.3MP camera, new design etc. There is actually a V3X out now that has everything the V3 and V3i has but it has a 2.0MP camera, and looks a little diffrent. The V3i and the V3x are very expensive right now and you cant buy them through your cell provider yet.

V3
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/d...s/0,,69,00.html

V3c
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/d.../0,,129,00.html

V3i
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/d.../0,,130,00.html

V3x
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/d...s/0,,95,00.html

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Mar 15 2006, 12:44 PM
Whats GSM?
[snapback]118362[/snapback]​

Its the type of network that Cingular and T-Mobile use. Verizon uses CDMA, so you need a phone that has CDMA.

And Thalord you will have to set up a Go-Phone account with them. Not really a big deal but an unnecessary step, it would be easier to buy this phone. It should be either brand new or a refurb (refurbs from Motorola are basically brand new anyways).

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
US cellular has the smallest coverage of all the cellular providers along with T-Mobile......... Cingular has the largest network now.......... GSM is a world technology used by over 70% of the world while CDMA (verizons, US Cellulars) is only in the US and very few places in other parts of the world.

If you buy the GO PHONE you can only use it for GO PHONE service ......... it will probably say invalid SIM or something like that. If it does work with your current SIM, then it will probably limit you to Cingulars pre-pay coverage. Thats why they have different version of the phones cuz they work differently so you cant cheat the system and try to get the phone cheaper........ all this being said..... BUY MIKES PHONE lol

Dayride98

Aug 4, 2008
The shop I work at also sells cingular. The phone is worth 260 brand new with no contract and if you set the razr in it was beause it was found that 20 - 30 % of razrs were defective and dropped calls. If you got one back it is your old battery and battery cover. But this is a good deal

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by ThaLord@Mar 15 2006, 10:54 PM
I currently use the gophone dealy.... After a bad experience with the customer service of Nextel.. I vowed never to get into a cell contract again.

I hate contracts.. that is why I was looking at those.. ;)

Can I use your phone with the gophone service.. if it is different?

John
[snapback]118463[/snapback]​

Yes you can use that GSM phone with the go phone service. You shouldn't have a problem, but if you are going to buy one get the one from Cingular. Motorola just did a recall on the units they shipped in Feb because they had a bad part that caused them to drop calls (granted all Motorola's are notorious for that) but the razr isn't a bad phone. I used one for a long time since I tested Cingular Motorolas while I was working for Cingular.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The shop I work at also sells cingular. The phone is worth 260 brand new with no contract and if you set the razr in it was beause it was found that 20 - 30 % of razrs were defective and dropped calls. If you got one back it is your old battery and battery cover. But this is a good deal

I realize that normaly when you send out a phone to be replaced under warrenty they send you a refurbished one with just the phone and you have to use your old battery and back cover. I bitched and told Cingular I do not want a refurbished phone, so they sent me and brand new phone, and everything that comes with it. (As seen in Pictures)

mike myself, and a good friend of mine both buy/sell phones all the time, and the going "street" price for the v3 silver is around 100, at the meet friday i can give you 100 for it...lowball offer but thought i would throw it out there man

I also know some people who sell stolen phones, but this one isnt stolen. Facts are that Cingular wants $260+ for the V3, various phone websites want $199, and I can sell this phone on eBay for $175+ EASY.

Sorry but I dont want to sell it for only $100, I can get much more for it on eBay if no one is interested from this forum.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
no prob man. just asking as ive bought 3 for 100....i dont sell stolen phones we buy them from people who get new phones ect, or switch providers. and sell them. lol and i didnt say it was stolen!

So there used if you get them from people who get new phones. Im selling a brand NEW in the box Phone with everything included thats why I dont want to sell it for $100

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info