3800 W Body store Cam Questions

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I am thinking about purchasing a cam in the next month or two, I am stuck between the wbody stage 1, and the vs.

Personally I just want to have a 13.3 car that I can appreciate and that wont kill the transmission to fast :blink: .

My question is have you guys installed the cam in car? What kind of gains were noticed? What else do you recomend for the install? Right now the car is a 1998 with 56k on her and it has the basic mods to support a 3.4 (thrasher cold air, james dean 3 pipe, pcm, afc 2.0, 104's)
If I do it I probably will also end up getting a set of pems from you guys also.

Or do you guys recomend that I go a different way with it?

Any advice will be helpful!

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
I have the Intense 1x...and my best is a 13.2...Before my headers 3.1 pulley..my buddies vs would pull on me with him only havinga 3.25...

I know nothing on the wbody stage one though...but I do like how the VS performed from what I saw

If I could do it over and save the money and time...Id just have gone XP...lol

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Originally posted by dole21@Mar 14 2006, 08:19 PM
I have the Intense 1x...and my best is a 13.2...Before my headers 3.1 pulley..my buddies vs would pull on me with him only havinga  3.25...

[snapback]118286[/snapback]​

aaron's car pulled very hard (still does) with that vs in it. im assuming thats who you are talking about.

however i just added an xp w/ all the supporting mods and its incredible. it'll eventually break a trans but thats expected with any mod'd l36/67 with a stock transmission. pulls hard throughout the powerband esp/ with the tog's.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by phat_ridegt+Mar 15 2006, 05:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dole21
@Mar 14 2006, 08:19 PM
I have the Intense 1x...and my best is a 13.2...Before my headers 3.1 pulley..my buddies vs would pull on me with him only havinga  3.25...

[snapback]118286[/snapback]​

aaron's car pulled very hard (still does) with that vs in it. im assuming thats who you are talking about.

however i just added an xp w/ all the supporting mods and its incredible. it'll eventually break a trans but thats expected with any mod'd l36/67 with a stock transmission. pulls hard throughout the powerband esp/ with the tog's.
[snapback]118436[/snapback]​
[/b]

yup..thats who I was talking about lol

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by phat_ridegt+Mar 16 2006, 04:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike K
@Mar 16 2006, 03:19 PM
No, this one requires installation... :)

Probably the most we would do at a mod day would be a rocker install.
[snapback]118534[/snapback]​

????

i hate wiring, someone want to do a fp-rewire for me?
[snapback]118545[/snapback]​
[/b]

and for me 2.. please!

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by phat_ridegt+Mar 16 2006, 11:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@Mar 16 2006, 05:19 PM
took 20 minutes 15 of which was putting paneling back. i charge 15 bucks if you bring to me in downers grove.
[snapback]118555[/snapback]​
[snapback]118593[/snapback]​
[/b]

Sorry I am blind <_<

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I think you guys have the wrong impression of Mod day. People will HELP for free but no one will do it for you for free. Unless your talking little minor things. As far as something more time consuming you better bring some cash. Im sure some cases are different but this is what you should expect. (i think :p ) Someone shoot me if im wrong. :)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Mar 17 2006, 09:22 AM
I think you guys have the wrong impression of Mod day.  People will HELP for free but no one will do it for you for free. Unless your talking little minor things.  As far as something more time consuming you better bring some cash.  Im sure some cases are different but this is what you should expect. (i think :p )  Someone shoot me if im wrong. :)
[snapback]118619[/snapback]​
ok if you know nothing and are not doing any part of the install yeah expect to pay if you trying to put like motor mounts, or would like someone to walk you threw a rocker instll yeah noone is going to charge, but if you want to sit on your ass and let people go to town it will cost you.
anyways a cam install is like 8 hours by a novice its a big job, and if you suddenly dont have somthing , im sure no one wants you car sitting there all day and night

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by SINr247+Mar 17 2006, 04:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-tonzcompg04
@Mar 17 2006, 09:22 AM
I think you guys have the wrong impression of Mod day.  People will HELP for free but no one will do it for you for free. Unless your talking little minor things.  As far as something more time consuming you better bring some cash.  Im sure some cases are different but this is what you should expect. (i think :p )  Someone shoot me if im wrong. :)
[snapback]118619[/snapback]​
ok if you know nothing and are not doing any part of the install yeah expect to pay if you trying to put like motor mounts, or would like someone to walk you threw a rocker instll yeah noone is going to charge, but if you want to sit on your ass and let people go to town it will cost you.
anyways a cam install is like 8 hours by a novice its a big job, and if you suddenly dont have somthing , im sure no one wants you car sitting there all day and night
[snapback]118679[/snapback]​
[/b]
or you can take your time and make it a 2 day event... :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info