3800 OUCH!

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
It's about 10:30 last night and I'm watching a movie with the family when someone knocks on the door. I'm like who the heck is knocking this late? I open the door and it's the neighbor down the street holding my mirror in his hand. He's like "I am so sorry I was dropping of my friend and I accidently backed in to your car". "It's pretty bad too, I am so sorry" then he hands me my mirror, I had to laugh.
I go out to take a look and wow it is pretty bad. Oh well at least he came and told me instead of taking off. I wen't out to get a better look this morning and I just couldn't help but laugh some more. Thats what I get for leaving it in the street.

DSC01112_1_1_1.JPG

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by HUNTERDOG@Mar 14 2006, 09:16 AM
It's about 10:30 last night and I'm watching a movie with the family when someone knocks on the door. I'm like who the heck is knocking this late? I open the door and it's the neighbor down the street holding my mirror in his hand. He's like "I am so sorry I was dropping of my friend and I accidently backed in to your car". "It's pretty bad too, I am so sorry" then he hands me my mirror, I had to laugh.
I go out to take a look and wow it is pretty bad. Oh well at least he came and told me instead of taking off.  I wen't out to get a better look this morning and I just couldn't help but laugh some more. Thats what I get for leaving it in the street.

DSC01112_1_1_1.JPG

[snapback]118201[/snapback]​

hey actually you're very lucky you got hit where you did if he would of hit you in the door jam or at the back of the door you would have had some serious problems.. atleast all you have to do is replace the door.

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
[/QUOTE]I can imagine you laughing , as only YOU would at something like that.
When I pulled up in the drive tonight and saw it again I just started giggling, I must be mental or something :)

I guess I should be pissed but I'm not. Shit happens. The poor guy appoligized about 85 times.
I am looking at this as an opportunity to get some needed work done, the fender painted (it never matched since I've owned it), the front cover redone (rock chips, parking blocks etc.), and the rocker panel repainted (Julie scrapped it on a high curb). I have already talked to my buddy at the body shop and I will probably drop her off tomorrow.
Maybe I'll borrow a new GTI from work while it's getting fixed ;) .

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
I just got hit the other day in the Durango for the second time. I had to laugh cause I just got a new bumper put on about three months ago. I have gone through more bumpers then oil changes on this truck.

Hope it works out for you Brian oh and we have to get together and start practicing bean bag before gpg. I say we win some money this year. LOL

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
It gets to a point that hell it's only a car and it can be fixed, right?

Are you going to GPG Hale?

We are kind of torn with some family obligations. I really hope to make it out this year (my liver on the other hand is asking for a brake :) ).

Regardless beanbags are a must this year! I've been playing with my other beanbags all winter just waiting for spring!

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Originally posted by gtphale+Mar 16 2006, 11:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-HUNTERDOG
@Mar 16 2006, 06:31 AM
I didn't mean them beanbags, I ment my fuzzy beabags :D

:eek: Isn't that what wifes are for so you don't have to play with your fuzzy bags?
[snapback]118514[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hell there mine and I'll play with them if I damn well please.

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I got her back this afternoon :) . It came out great, this guy does real nice work.
I couldn't wait to get it home and put the 18's on it. I even threw a quick coat of wax on the it (not the fresh painted stuff).
Now I am just sitting out here in the garage keeping her company, she was lonley for the past few weeks.

Hunterdog Happy again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info