3800 fastest m90's

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Mar 12 2006, 04:30 PM
i did a quick search and didnt come up with much...anyone know what the fastest m90 car runs?  i know there only so far you can go with the blower.....?
[snapback]117970[/snapback]​

some of these guys get pretty crazy with overspinning the blower after 2.8" pulley it's not worth it.. at 2.8" I would personally switch to another power adder say a larger blower mp112/whipple or turbo

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well 400 to install a cam and saem to remove it. thats 800 not including gaskets in wasted money that you cant get back, turbos can be swapped multiple times with little investment. and im pretty sure a turbo lit will hav e a better resale value for the parts . and then another 400-500 for upgrades to your stock power adder, and you net small gains in hp and cooling.
best of all no loud as car that can be heard for blocks
i think the choice became obvious for those reasons

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Mar 12 2006, 07:34 PM
gen 3 or 5 either one.  after i get a trans im going to be thinking about heads and a full size i/c...just curious if im wasting my money and should just build a differnt car for a turbo or what....
[snapback]117992[/snapback]​

if you want to stay with a supercharger get that whipple kit that could easily support low 11's... I heard the whipple breaks even the most built up transmissions tho..

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by xierxior+Mar 12 2006, 09:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@Mar 12 2006, 07:34 PM
gen 3 or 5 either one.  after i get a trans im going to be thinking about heads and a full size i/c...just curious if im wasting my money and should just build a differnt car for a turbo or what....

if you want to stay with a supercharger get that whipple kit that could easily support low 11's... I heard the whipple breaks even the most built up transmissions tho..
[snapback]118009[/snapback]​
[/b]
where did you hear that, turbos produce way more power and the trannys handle that , and its not as gradual as a whipple its like a big slam. i think a fully built trans can take it with no prob...then agian if you want ot blow somthing up anyone can manage that

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by SINr247+Mar 12 2006, 10:04 PM-->
Originally posted by xierxior@Mar 12 2006, 09:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@Mar 12 2006, 07:34 PM

[snapback]118009[/snapback]​
where did you hear that, turbos produce way more power and the trannys handle that , and its not as gradual as a whipple its like a big slam. i think a fully built trans can take it with no prob...then agian if you want ot blow somthing up anyone can manage that
[snapback]118012[/snapback]​
[/b]

whipple makes a HELL of a lot more torque at a much lower rpm combine that with some super sticky tires and you're going to pop parts.

I was reading a few topics about it on clubgp a while ago.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Mar 12 2006, 10:35 PM
so y is the turbo so much more strain in the tranny? b cuz im still deciding xp cam plus IC or turbo setup every 1 says just go with the supercharger setup but i like hearing different reasons on this so thats y im asken.
[snapback]118021[/snapback]​
from what im getting, if you look at the power band, its guess its sim. to a N20 blast with some progression. its a big hit and its usaully under 3000 rpms, which would explain the 30mph to 80mph burnout , its diff m90s burnout off the line , once you get to around25mph it seems all hell breaks loose. again this is coming form what ive gathered.
this is nice to a point for light driving theres no massive torque load that comes with small pulleys and a cam.
its defintly dif from a SC im sure some people are finding them liking ther car a little less to a point with turbos. Most of us fell in love with the powerband that came with the m-90, massive power doesnt mean you like how the car drives, like a gt with a huge turbo doesnt spool very fast from what ive seen and having no instant power can be annoying.

I

imported_1fastGTP

my buddy has the cartuning kit on his gt and when he launches or punches it from a role u dont feel a kick like u do in my car/ supercharged his just goes he reaches 115 in no time on the frontage road by my house. so thats y i was wondering.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by 00gtp83@Mar 13 2006, 01:06 PM
im not saying i dont beleive the tech guy you  are talking to but i just cant see how a turbo puts more strain on a tranny then a s/c esecially a whipple.
[snapback]118080[/snapback]​

Exactly. Go talk to Rocky Hatfield that ran similar times with a whipple and a turbo and ask which was more stressful on his tranny.

whipple :ph34r:

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Mar 13 2006, 07:21 AM
my buddy has the cartuning kit on his gt and when he launches or punches it from a role u dont feel a kick like u do in my car/ supercharged his just goes he reaches 115 in no time on the frontage road by my house. so thats y i was wondering.
[snapback]118053[/snapback]​
i know your buddys car and yeah he has bad lag, me and him took off form a light and it was a while till it looked like he was pulling, oversizing doesnt mean huge power or fast times.
his setup could use a little n20 to spool that thing.
but back at hand watch any of the club gp vids and you see that car lets loose when that thing fully spools. ive been in cars with dry kits and it seems to behave pretty sim to spraying at 30-40 mph, not a huge shot just a 100

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
alright so back on topic...does anyone have any numbers as to the # of people in the 11's w/ an m90 (gen III/V).

matt knows what he is talking about, however i am skeptical as how the massive torque of a cammed, ic'd, stalled, m90 (or a whipple for that matter) would be less stressfull than a turbo making max torque on the top end.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well with 438whp on a gt id say thats alot of torque, the GTP makes more. So what would you consider alot of torque?
over 450 to the wheels on a FWD car(gtp). i think thats plenty to attemp to put down, this was on the 61mm turbo. zzp has bigger then that, and cartuning has there 67mm coming out soon, those will be putting down over 500 no prob. What is the highest m90 torque numbers. doesnt scott cooks even put down over 6-700lbs. I think again, turbos will be more abusive, theres pretty much no limit to turbos. they can make what you want them to make with well selected compressors and a good tuner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info