3800 Idler Pulley

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
UGH! I replaced my smooth idler pulley with a grooved one on accident, when the original melted away. I then noticed the mistake I made, and returned the grooved one for a smooth one, after the belt started to melt the grooved one. I then bought another grooved one. I then realized I dont want a grooved one but a smooth one, so I now got a smooth one, and now am in the process of putting it on.. I tighten down the torx bolt, and when I tighten it with the torx bit, with little muscle on the rachet, the pulley no longer spins?! WTF?!

I've been through enough crap with this pulley business, and then I lost a tensioner bolt and coil pack bolt contacted Ed, then lost the torx bolt, contacted Ed.. I just want to use the damn supercharger!

FWIW: Im using Autozone pulleys, the Murrays by me was out of stock of the Dayco PN: 89006 pulley. The pulley is #9 on the 3800 series 2 pulley chart.

pulleys4ri.jpg

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by alexgtp@Mar 13 2006, 03:31 PM
J/O part number for the belt for a 3.25" pulley on the LP IC.

You gave it to me a while back but i did not write it down. Time for a new belt..

Also what is the gatorback part number for the stock serpentine belt. crank,ps,ac,alternator
[snapback]118106[/snapback]​
I believe it was a 675, but might have been a 650, ive got some 6 ribbers left over if you want to stop by, and if I have one that fits, its yours N/P

ive got a stock acc belt also, ill check out the #

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info