3800 So i gotta get new plates

• Thread starter imported_Xerxeis
  • Start date
I

imported_Xerxeis

So...Illinois Sucks another big one...

So i get a letter from the Secretary of State saying that my license plates cannot be transfered to me from my dads name because of the Illinois Compiled Statutes which prohibit transfer of license plates from one individual, firm, or corporation to another.

So i'm now forced to either pay $110 for RESALE of the plates to me, ADD A NAME to the Title for a fee of $68, or get new plates for $63. Either way, i get fucked out of a month of licencing fees becaue i bought the car a month ago and for all of the above the sticker gets renewed to the date of the cars purchase.

This is Fucking bullshit.

So i've decieded to just get some new plates...nows the part where you, the listener comes into play.

Any suggestions as to what i should get on them? my car is a red Grand Prix GT so anything creative maybe?

oh yah

restrictions
Personalized Plates (letters and one number)

Do Not

Intermix letters and numbers
Use a space between numbers
Use lower-case letters
Use characters, symbols, foreign words or symbols of punctuation, such as dashes or periods
Select obscene or offensive combinations

1,2,3,4 or 5 letters plus 1 thru 99

or

6 letters plus 1 thru 9

And Vanity Plates (whatever i want)

Numbers - 1 through 999

or
Letters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I

imported_Xerxeis

well, something about the car would be nice, not the cop hater, cuz i know most of the cops in this town, they're cool they'd only pull you over if you were endangering someone else...you can get away with just about murder in this town(case in point, lagrone and ham trial :) ) andi dont think they'd go for the bigdik one, and wtf is the FAHAQ2 one...i dont get it...

a fun one i thought would be TI 3VOM...think about it in your rearview mirror :)

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
I've been trying to come up with some good ones for my car, too. The only problem is that all of the good ones for a V6 with boost are taken by "1987 Buick coupe" according to the computer. BOOSTD V6, BLOWN V6, JUST A 6, ONLY A 6, JUST V6, etc.... all taken by 1987 Buick coupes (except BLOWN V6, I believe a 99 Pontiac coupe has that one - board member?). What oh what could that car be.... :p

Would you guys get this one:
6810565135.jpg

Xerxeis, how about these:
6811012941.jpg

6811015950.jpg

I've been trying to come up with some good ones for my car, too. The only problem is that all of the good ones for a V6 with boost are taken by "1987 Buick coupe" according to the computer. BOOSTD V6, BLOWN V6, JUST A 6, ONLY A 6, JUST V6, etc.... all taken by 1987 Buick coupes (except BLOWN V6, I believe a 99 Pontiac coupe has that one - board member?). What oh what could that car be.... tongue.gif

Not me! I swear! Mine is GR NATL B) :) :cheers:

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by Ten32@Mar 10 2006, 10:58 AM
I've been trying to come up with some good ones for my car, too.  The only problem is that all of the good ones for a V6 with boost are taken by "1987 Buick coupe" according to the computer.  BOOSTD V6, BLOWN V6, JUST A 6, ONLY A 6, JUST V6, etc.... all taken by 1987 Buick coupes (except BLOWN V6, I believe a 99 Pontiac coupe has that one - board member?).  What oh what could that car be.... :p

Would you guys get this one:
6810565135.jpg

Xerxeis, how about these:
6811012941.jpg

6811015950.jpg

[snapback]117776[/snapback]​

I like the one 3 one is it still avaiable???

I

imported_Xerxeis

Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Mar 10 2006, 04:51 PM
WAY2FST
[snapback]117814[/snapback]​

yah, i used to have a 96 Intrepid, and my plates were INTRPD 8...not too good on an gp. My roomates made fun of it and came up with my ususal excuse- Intrepidate-To instill fear into your enemies...some people go for it, some call the bluff

i gotta get the paperwork filled out and mailed in here soon, so i think i'll try to get the on 3, 3800pwr, or something else...if i remember right you get 3 options

the WAY2FST would be good, but cant intermix letters and numbers :(

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Mar 13 2006, 01:20 PM
WHere do you go to see whats available?
[snapback]118086[/snapback]​
apply on line and you get a e-mail response, or go to dmv and get a sheet and send it in, you get i belive three options that they check, most are always gone, more numbers better chances ....dont expect it quick either way

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info