3800 Fuel Leaks

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
I'm trying to figure out if i have a gas leak or not....i have a few symptoms of one, but i havent been able to find any proof....where exactly should i be looking? Scans of the car and its performance dont suggest anything, however i've been smelling fuel and my car has been getting really low mpg's. Could a dry K&N filter be to blame? But then again, my scans dont show anything really abnormal so i dont think its the filter.

I just need to know where to check for a fuel leak. And how much would it cost to replace the fuel lines completly? (mine look pretty bad)

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
PLaces to check for fuel leaks.

Check all injector O-rings.
make sure they are not cracked.
Easiest way to do this is start car let it idle for a while.
Than with a flashlight check each injector one by one. You will see bubbling around the hole where the injector goes into the upper manifold if the o-ring is toast. You can buy these at any GM parts place.

check the rubber/plastic line that supplies the FUEL RAILS with fuel.
Pull them off and make sure that the plastic tabs are not cracked. ( you will need a fuel line tool remover to do this ,hoses are 2 different sizes) I beleive autozone sells a 2-sided fuel clip removal tool.

These are the usual suspects when it comes to "fuel" smell in the car cabin. Especially with the ac/heater fans on at idle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list