3800 pulled over!

• Thread starter imported_1fastGTP
  • Start date
I

imported_1fastGTP

yea i was going 2 yorktown mall 2 day after school, and i got on the exit ramp crossed over 2 laned 2 get to the turning lanes 2 go into the mall parking lot. I see this cop with its lights on commen up fast then i thought ok maybe sumthen happened, so i followed the other cars real quick 2 park in front of sam goody and yea he stops behind me comes over and gives me a speal.

1. crossing over 2 lanes is illegal when i used the turn signal and got over like ur suppose 2 well got off that 1.
2. wheres ur front license plate? corner of my windshield (dash) couldnt see it over the hood scoops.
3. your exhaust is insanely loud i could hear it over 1000 feet, i asked him why bikes ricers and mustangs can get away with such loud exhaust but i get nailed on this and he tells me cuz its not oem. $75.00 pshh

so i thought id share my lovely story on how lombard police can be real wierd/picky on what they ticket u but w/e atleast it wasnt a moving violation.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Mar 8 2006, 07:48 PM
OEM means shit.....its all about the dB.....so he lied to you

what exactly did he ticket you on?
[snapback]117561[/snapback]​

loud exhaust/mufflers is what he wrote the ticket out as so i was like WTF! u let me off with the 2 things that are worse than exhaust im so lost.

atomicman

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
They have a good setup around that area, i work in those twin white buildings across from the mall, the WAMU and Unysis buildings and every day i see a cop sitting on the top of that ramp that goes down to butterfield East, just clockin people coming out of that bridge.

I

imported_1fastGTP

yea i went down the ramp and the cop was on the left with his lights on already just chillen then i notice him turn the lights off then next thing u kno hes after me i was like man thats shady... i was mad didnt get 2 take my car 2 get buffed like it was suppose 2 n stuff but w/e u learn i guess.

I

IcE Ko0L GuRL

Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Mar 8 2006, 08:48 PM

actually thats not exactly true.. on the Illinois law books it states that anything you do to your stock exhaust to make it louder then stock is illegal and a ticketable offense.. ive been pulled over for loud exhaust many times..

how to get out of it.. check the db law.. if that city doesnt have one (ie. for my town Pekin doesn't.. Peoria across the river from me does) then all ya have to do is tell the cop the exhaust is stock and perfectly legal and that he can't prove "too loud" without a db law and you'll see him in court if he tickets you for it..

ive done this several times both in my old 79 F-250 and my stang.. both had flowmaster mufflers.. the truck had straight pipes no cat.. and i have yet to get a ticket.. altho if the city does have a db law.. then yer gonna be pretty much screwed

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by IcE Ko0L GuRL+Mar 9 2006, 01:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-chipmonk212121
@Mar 8 2006, 08:48 PM

actually thats not exactly true.. on the Illinois law books it states that anything you do to your stock exhaust to make it louder then stock is illegal and a ticketable offense.. ive been pulled over for loud exhaust many times..

how to get out of it.. check the db law.. if that city doesnt have one (ie. for my town Pekin doesn't.. Peoria across the river from me does) then all ya have to do is tell the cop the exhaust is stock and perfectly legal and that he can't prove "too loud" without a db law and you'll see him in court if he tickets you for it..

ive done this several times both in my old 79 F-250 and my stang.. both had flowmaster mufflers.. the truck had straight pipes no cat.. and i have yet to get a ticket.. altho if the city does have a db law.. then yer gonna be pretty much screwed
[snapback]117654[/snapback]​
[/b]

From what I know, ice hit it most likely on the head. He can give you a Village ordinance ticket but i doubt a state ticket. If you would like I can look into it a little more for you!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
i bet he got a nice long look at your banner,
saw you were in a car club, thats why mustangs get away with it...most dont advertise what they are doing in the there car, if i had to pick a stock looking, but loud 5.0 or you, i would of pulled you over as well. you car is loud, sound and apperance which means it gets attention....even bad attention. lots of cops out this year
be careful, i saw 7 cops between north ave and boughton rd on 355 all using rader
355 isnt the play ground it once was, and now i55 and 355 have cameras every mile or 2 plus every exit.

I

imported_1fastGTP

i dont get y u hate banners so much u say it so often who cares like u gotta drop it man it annoys me cuz everytime u hear sumthen bout my car u bring up the banner i see stickers on ur car but u dont see me sayen stuff just keep comments like that 2 urself other wise thanks for letten us kno bout them cops.

I

imported_1fastGTP

he was cool cuz he was talken bout his buddies cobra he just said that cars should have loud exhaust like this but for us GP drivers and have exhaust we know that our cars are capable of being louder with just minor adjustments but i dont think its loud enuff 2 get a ticket 4...

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Mar 9 2006, 02:25 PM
i dont get y u hate banners so much u say it so often who cares like u gotta drop it man it annoys me cuz everytime u hear sumthen bout my car u bring up the banner i see stickers on ur car but u dont see me sayen stuff just keep comments like that 2 urself other wise thanks for letten us kno bout them cops.
[snapback]117666[/snapback]​
yeah......anyways what stickers do i have on my car i have a samll zzp one under the hood, no offense you drive like a dick....thats why you get pulled over...or was it not your black and red car less then a week ago cutting off a schoolbus and a SUV turning onto plainfield off lemont. frankly im worried for you

bus=bigger then you

slow it down is all.
All everyone was able to see when you did that little stunt was a 40mph ILGPC billboard driving wrecklessly, i had people with me,they noticed the same thing
true theres others with banner on but they are mostly nice adult driven vehicles or like syps which has been down, but now up and being babied i hope.
dont worry im done "bitching" about.

I

imported_1fastGTP

i think thats funny u think i drive like a nut cutting off a school bus on plainfield n lemont a week ago? hmm doubt it on probation so if i get any moving violations im screwed so i highly doubt ud see me doen that and the fact that i was working all last week i get out of school round 12:30-1 i go home straight off lemont and i take 75th 2 work... when i had mostly 3-10 and 4-10 shifts.... but if u say so man.

630_GTO

Addict
Nov 6, 2007
Woodridge
ok...ladies...lets stop this, 1st off i dont think he dumb enough to cut off a bus, he likes his car (not smashed), also its a sticker, i dont think the cops gonna google us and spy on everything, maybe he was diving faster than the speed limit (we all do), ok, and if some1 doesnt like some1 elses car o well, i doubt any1 is going to be loosing any sleep over it, and ok Sinr i understand that your looking out to keep us all out of trouble and im sure we all thank you 4 looking out 4 the crew, but realize hes not gonna take the sticker off, so cant we all just kiss and make up? if were gonna fight go fight with a honda crew but not within are own.. :( in the words of south park "i mean come on" :D

I

itlnrob

There are cops on pretty much every messageboard.

They love these sights cause they can see car pics (in sigs, etc) and find them on the street.

Also, they know when all the meets are or races cause people post racing spots on the internet. Not so much here, but on other sites.

They love message boards.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Ive had my fair share of run-in's with cops, but last night takes the cake. I got pulled over for speeding and the cop thought I was trying to avoid her, but I hadn't even seen her. Ok I play nice and keep the situation textbook with my answers. She took my license insurance, and then came back with her partner and they asked for my SSN, and home phone number. Uhh ok? She then let me go with no ticket and no written warning. I was confused as to why she asked so I went to White Hen, where there were 5 (yes 5) squad cars and I asked a cop why they would need the SSN. He replied, that its for a criminal background check. I had NEVER had this happen to me and I've been pulled over tons of times, but its more of a pick and choose who they ask sorta thing. Oh, and I didnt get questioned on the front tinted windows, and the no muffler/resonator on the V8 SHO I was driving. Heh.

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Mar 9 2006, 09:38 PM
Ive had my fair share of run-in's with cops, but last night takes the cake. I got pulled over for speeding and the cop thought I was trying to avoid her, but I hadn't even seen her. Ok I play nice and keep the situation textbook with my answers. She took my license insurance, and then came back with her partner and they asked for my SSN, and home phone number. Uhh ok? She then let me go with no ticket and no written warning. I was confused as to why she asked so I went to White Hen, where there were 5 (yes 5) squad cars and I asked a cop why they would need the SSN. He replied, that its for a criminal background check. I had NEVER had this happen to me and I've been pulled over tons of times, but its more of a pick and choose who they ask sorta thing. Oh, and I didnt get questioned on the front tinted windows, and the no muffler/resonator on the V8 SHO I was driving. Heh.
[snapback]117738[/snapback]​

Odds are they needed your SSN to confirm your identity. It sounds to me like there is someone in the system with your same name and DOB and your SSN was the only way to differentiate you. Be glad they asked - if the other guy had warrants and they didn't ask you, it would still be legit if they arrested you (they'd just have to let you go once your prints approved).

I'm not even going to get started on all the immature bullshit I hear on this board about the police. Tell you guys what.... when someone robs you or beats the hell out of you, call someone else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info