3800 Saw a police chase today

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
I was driving westbound on North Ave IL RT 64 today through Northlake on the way to work today. I was going about 40 and all of a sudden I see an Astro van coming up on traffic with the quickness. He switched lanes and got right up on me. Soon as I saw him, he made a move to split between me and and the car to my left. Normally I would have said uh-uh to that, but this person didn't seem like they cared if they smashed their rusty van and took my car with them. So I veered hard to the side and this guy starts parting traffic like mad. Soon two Melrose Park cops come flying after him and they catch up. This guy starts cutting people off and at the last minute cuts a couple cars off at once by doing a two lane change and getting on the 290W onramp. It was unbelivable, like in one of the police vids on TV, no BS. The cops didn't have enough time to react and they kept driving ahead. I immediately called *999 and reported it, so they could call the State po-po's and get someone else on it.

I hope they caught that fukker cause I almost got hit. I would have been half tempted to run up on him and make every attempt to hinge the back end of his van and flip 'em about 17 times at 90mph. But then you realize that is dumb and other innocent motorists would get hurt, besides somehow the assbag would still walk away scratchless. Then I would have a new orange jumpsuit to wear for a while.

ISPTPR

Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by milleniumgt@Mar 8 2006, 03:01 AM
  I immediately called *999 and reported it, so they could call the State po-po's and get someone else on it. 

[snapback]117502[/snapback]​

unless its a forcible felony with authorization, you wont see us in any pursuit..........our pursuit policy is tighter than a high school girls.......well its pretty tight, ill leave it at that..........

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
Originally posted by ISPTPR+Mar 8 2006, 10:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-milleniumgt
@Mar 8 2006, 03:01 AM
  I immediately called *999 and reported it, so they could call the State po-po's and get someone else on it. 

[snapback]117502[/snapback]​

unless its a forcible felony with authorization, you wont see us in any pursuit..........our pursuit policy is tighter than a high school girls.......well its pretty tight, ill leave it at that..........
[snapback]117575[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'm not sure I understand, if he was speeding down the highway, there would be no attempt to pull him over for speeding at least??

On a side note, I found out from one of our night shift Melrose cops that the van was found abandoned and the guy wasn't caught yet. The van was stolen, but the owner of the van knows the person that stole it, so I guess it is only a matter of time before he is caught.

ISPTPR

Dec 3, 2008
Just speeding down like 294? Well yes, but as soon as its clear hes not stopping, its over............

I was commenting in your case, if he jumped on the expressway and another department was chasing, we would not engage in the pursuit.......and seeing that its a stolen vehicle, that doesnt fall within policy of a forcible felony..........

I

imported_Theautoguy

That stuff is intense. Last Fall I found myself chasing a drunk hit and run ass-hat for about 20 minutes through surprisingly dead residential streets and a couple of main arteries. We got up over 100 mph on one stratch where the guy promptly split a front rim trying to take a corner too fast. He wound up getting his car up to 70 with a totally messed up rim after that. Now I feel back when other traffic was around but quickly caught back up to about 50 yards of him when traffic was absent. My passenger was on the cell to 911 the whole time trying to get cops in sight so they can take control but they didn't show up until the chase was done. The driver actually got out and assumed the position on his trunk before the cops arrived...I didn't know what to do as I wasn't going to get out and frisk him!

The only reason I stayed with the guy that long is that I was expecting the drunk's car to die as the original accident caused a lot of damage and it was kicking out smoke throughout most of the chase.

All I could think about when it was done was just how much it seemed like the COPS TV show! Further, I was waiting for an officer to ream me out for following the guy but they actually thanked me!

OH, by the way, I was in the Lightning...the drunk never had a chance!

It sucks that the van ass-wipe got away though, I hope they catch him!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info