3800 Tune up for the GP

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
take the bs answers somewhere else fools. he asked a serious question, not for your stupid replies.

I agree with redgt and 2000gp

I'd do the fuel filter, pcv, probably flush the coolant as well. maybe change the cabin air filter if you put one in as well...

How many miles are on your car fredo? I dont know whether or not Id change the filter if its high miles..

How many miles are on your wires now? Are they original or have you replaced them anytime recent?

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by dole21@Mar 4 2006, 05:57 PM
take the bs answers somewhere else fools.  he asked a serious question, not  for your stupid replies. 

I'd do the fuel filter, pcv, probably flush the coolant as well.  maybe change the cabin air filter if you put one in as well...

How many miles are on your car fredo? I dont know whether or not Id change the filter if its high miles..

How many miles are on your wires now? Are they original or have you replaced them anytime recent?
[snapback]117171[/snapback]​

I did the fuel filter I belive last year, pcv i know i have to do, flush as well and dont know what is a "cabin air filter" :blink: As for miles i have close to 83000 Tranny filter was done i belive 3 years ago. plug wires are the pjr's and had them for some time as well. Also, I know I have to do my LIM gasket supercharged(mike) said he will help me with that once the weather gets warmer.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by dole21@Mar 4 2006, 04:57 PM
take the bs answers somewhere else fools.  he asked a serious question, not  for your stupid replies. 

I'd do the fuel filter, pcv, probably flush the coolant as well.  maybe change the cabin air filter if you put one in as well...

[snapback]117171[/snapback]​
some of you "OLD" timers have lost your sense of humor.... :( :confused: ^_^ :eek: :beer:

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
No.. thats bs J/O

It wasnt one..not two..but 3 of the same comments. Once, ok fine maybe we'll all go "ha ha" yup, never heard that one before:rolleyes: but repeating it over and over? Nah..

and Fredo..some people have put a cabin air filter into there car, like i said, I wasnt sure if you had put one in or not..theres a writeup on clubgp for it, and how to put one in

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Mar 5 2006, 12:57 PM
So what does a "Regal cabin filter" do?
[snapback]117220[/snapback]​
filters out dust and dirt from the outside of the car. when your blower is on it is sucking in outside air unless you push the button marked recirculate, then it does just that

ive got an exhaust leak, and the only way Not to get fumes in the car is to push the recirc button, so the system dont suck in outside air.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Does anyone know the part numbers for the belts? Good ones not gatorback belts i've heard those suck now. :)

So far this is what I need to do to do a good tune up on my car. Oh wait, is it a good idea to change the pjr wires? Dont know how long till those go bad. Ok here is the list for me to do or get done.

Belts
Check hoses
Engine flush
Change brake fluid
fuel filter was done last year
trans filter
trans fluid
pcv
maf cleaning
check on the cabin filter
sc fluid
getting LIM gasket done
Might do valve gaskets as well maybe do rockers while we have it apart
and PS fluid

man this is a pretty long list.. :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info