3800 Question about 04+ GP's

ernrcr3

Regular
Feb 26, 2008
Orland Park
Originally posted by milleniumgt@Mar 4 2006, 12:47 AM
I was wondering if the 04+ GP's come with a heated passenger seat if the heated seat option was chosen on the car.  The reason I am wondering is because I may think sell my car and trade up to one. 

Thanks,
Andre
[snapback]117105[/snapback]​

Dunno bout all of them... but my 04 Comp G had seat heaters on both front seats with 2 levels of heat.

-ern

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
I hope all of them are like that because I would like to have two seat heaters if I did buy it. As long as I'm at it, do you or anyone else have dual zone climate control? I haven't had a chance to go to a dealer to actually check one out, and they don't say much in the classified ads.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Originally posted by milleniumgt@Mar 4 2006, 02:09 AM
I hope all of them are like that because I would like to have two seat heaters if I did buy it.  As long as I'm at it, do you or anyone else have dual zone climate control?  I haven't had a chance to go to a dealer to actually check one out, and they don't say much in the classified ads.
[snapback]117107[/snapback]​

my GT2 has both front seats with two levels.

they get too hot for me on both levels but i like them to warm up the leather and then turn them off

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Unfortunately, dual-zone automatic climate control was NOT an option on the 2004 Grand Prix. I think that it was added for either the 2005 or 2006 model year and as far as anyone can tell so far, you cannot retrofit a newer unit into a 2004.

If you get the heated seats option, you DO get both seats heated and with two levels of heat. I agree that both levels get too hot and that it's just nice to warm up the seat when it's really cold out, but my girlfriend leaves the damn thing on high all the time - she loves the heated seats. I may be wrong here, but I believe that the 2006 models are available with heated REAR seats as well.

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
Originally posted by Ten32@Mar 4 2006, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately, dual-zone automatic climate control was NOT an option on the 2004 Grand Prix.  I think that it was added for either the 2005 or 2006 model year and as far as anyone can tell so far, you cannot retrofit a newer unit into a 2004.

If you get the heated seats option, you DO get both seats heated and with two levels of heat.  I agree that both levels get too hot and that it's just nice to warm up the seat when it's really cold out, but my girlfriend leaves the damn thing on high all the time - she loves the heated seats.  I may be wrong here, but I believe that the 2006 models are available with heated REAR seats as well.
[snapback]117136[/snapback]​

I think I could live without the dual zone climate control. I have thus far... I'm excited to hear that dual seat heaters seem to be the standard on those cars. My g/f also would like having one. Thanks!

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Mar 6 2006, 10:41 AM
Yea those seats do get too hot for comfort lol

Can't you install a kit on the passenger side if you wanted a dual heated seat.. for some reason I think I've seen kits for sale for that
[snapback]117322[/snapback]​

You have indeed seen those kits. They're around $200-250 at PFYC. I was actually considering getting one to heat my rear seats, but decided I don't care about my friends that much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info