3800 Look what I get to drive for the weekend

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I decided it was time to barrow one of these pups for the weekend.
This one is a 2.0 Turbo 6 Speed with the retro cloth interior.

I will have to take it out tonight and see what kind of fun I can muster up ;) .

I took one out for a test drive before they were available but it was just a 20 minute joy ride. That one had the DSG 6 speed trans with paddle shifters. One of my techs came with and on the way back he got the thing up to 140 :blink: .

I must admit they aren't the sexiest cars around in stock trim but with a few add- ons they look awesome. The real beauty is the performance. This car handles awesome and has plenty of power to boot!

DSC01096_1_1.JPG

DSC01098_2_1.JPG

DSC01106_4_1.JPG

Caedo

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
Whats up Hunterdog!
Yes those are nice i actually have just been looking at them within the last 2 weeks but i was originally looking at the TDI and ended up wanting that ha ha and to think the first reason i went there was because i wanted i car just to drive to work (low MPG)
So do you work there? How much is that particular one?

Juan

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by HUNTERDOG@Feb 26 2006, 12:36 AM
I just ran out to the garage.....$22,790.00 for this pup.

Here is one of our Autobarn Motorsport Editions.
19" RS6 Wheels, Eibach Sport Springs & painted lower accents. What a difference a few mods make.

ABMS~GTI_1_1_1.JPG

[snapback]116239[/snapback]​

christ its tiny!... kinda looks like a babay! (austin powers lol) but yea these things are almost another mini it looks like just with more power.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I like the new GTI's alot! I love VW's and wanted a new Passat instead of the Regal but our nearest service department is Lou Bachrodt in Rockford...and their service sucks so bad that I would buy a Yugo before something only servicable by them! The next closest is in Janesville Wisconsin, about 30 miles north of me. Rockford is a bad city to be a VW fan! I may be looking at a cummuter car in the next year but unfortunatly it can't be the GTI because our dealer is a butt-monkey!

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Well I took the family out in it today.
Two thumbs up from the kids. They say it has more back seat room than the GTP.
Wife says she want's one so now I gotta dump the Grand Prix and get another job :D .

The car handles just awesome. I'm not crazy about turbo 4's but this thing makes some great power. Oh yea for the record it's not 4 Motion (like ClubGP guy said), thats coming soon. I had a really, really hard time keeping within the speed limit. I look down and I'm 15 mph over. On 294 today it was hard not to go 90 or 100.

I'm so glad that our owner is pushing us to mod these cars. Next up I think I am doing a black one with H&R springs, anthracite wheels and an APR chip.

All in all I really like the car, it's no R32 but it's the next best thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info