3800 pulled over tints

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by ZIOMEK068@Feb 23 2006, 03:53 PM
yea i got pulled over for tints for second time.  Same cop.  He gave me a warning this time and a ticket the first time.  He said something about if i dont get them off, next time he will give me a moving violation?  I thought tinted windows was only a non-moving violation?
[snapback]115962[/snapback]​

He'll give you a ticket for shitting your pants even if you didnt and the judge will believe law enforecement over a regular citizen. My point is its just going to cost you money no matter how you look at it.

A seatbelt ticket is a moving violation now a days and I am waiting for some to argue that with me. I had to take a 4 hour traffic school @ $75. If I didnt it would have been reported to my insurance company and they most likely would have jacked my rates up once they did there yearly violation report.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by xierxior@Feb 23 2006, 06:13 PM
bullshit its all about the state attourny I knew the state attourny and I was doing 89 in a 55 and I didn't have my liscenses on me or any valid insurance and all I got was supervision  :lolsign:
[snapback]115973[/snapback]​

Consider yourself lucky

Theres also a new law in affect as of 1/1/06. You are only allowed 2 supervisions per year. After that its a conviction

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
ya i found that out 3 weeks ago lol im on supervision in kankakee and will county lol..........and for the tints they can get you on a moving violation very easy........"obstruction of view"........also check your liscence..........depending on your vision, you may be required to have side mirrors so the tint would obstruct your view there too...........if they dont like you........they can find some technicallity to get you on

ISPTPR

Dec 3, 2008
625 ILCS 5/12-503A
No person shall driver a motor vehicle with any sign, poster, window application, reflective material, nonreflective material or tinted film upon the front windshield, sidewings or side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver..........

A person found guilty of violating paragraphs a, b or i of this section shall be guilty of a petty offense and finded no less than 50 nor more than 500. A second or subsequent violation of paragraphs a,b, or i of this section shall be treated as a class c misdemeanor and the violator finded no less than 100 nor more than 500. Any person convicted under paragraphs a,b,i of this section shall be ordered to alter any nonconforming windows into compliance with this section.............

thats exactly what the states attorney reads....so whether you like it or not, reading the last line of the statue, you will have to take it off. What the police officer probably did, which many locals can do; is write you a local ordinace ticket. That doesnt affect your driving abstract. However, next time if he writes you a state citation, it will be on your driving abstract. Obstructed windows is an EQUIPMENT violation, three moving violations in one year is subject to suspension if I remember correctly.........how this helps!!!!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Just take the tints off. Why go through all the bullshit for tint?? Im lucky that most Chicago police in my area could give a shit about tints. You would have to already be on their shit list to get messed with all the time. Ive had tints on ALL my cars for at least the last 7 years (all windows) and only recieved 1 warning and 1 ticket. They rather send me tickets in the mail for my licence plate cove which is only smoked. :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info