3800 Re: S&S 3800 Headers

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Great Price on a new set of headers... however, I'm curious about the powder coating option...

You can retain the "new" look by painting your headers with a high temperature ceramic paint prior to installing them.  This will ensure that they always look their best.  Likewise, you can have the headers ceramic coated for another $150.00.

Is it really that hard to go to the store and buy ceramic paint to coat these? does the paint run about $150 a bottle? Any performance gain for coating them, or just for a high finish look? Biggest difference between these and the TOGS? Can anyone install these? How much notice will I see with my current setup? AND lastly, if so, how much would you someone on here charge to install them for me?

Thanks, --Mike

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
#1 That option isnt powder coating.

#2 Ceramic paint isnt $150 unless you have sucker tattooed across your forehead

#3 Coating them is supposed to keep engine temps down.

#4 TOGs are bigger, have a litte different design, and are better. Well, used to be.

#5 Anyone CAN install them, but someone who has done it before will do it faster.

#6 Headers will make a difference on ANY car.

And no Im not part of WBS.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by XANAX+Feb 23 2006, 04:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Feb 23 2006, 04:17 AM
unless you have sucker tattooed across your forehead
[snapback]115859[/snapback]​
I resemble that remark :angry:
[snapback]115968[/snapback]​
[/b]
Dont worry. There is tattoo removal now avaliable. :lolsign:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The primaries on the headers are the same size as the TOGs however the collectors are slightly smaller. We're also working with them to get the 02 sensor bung relocated to it's correct location. For the price they're a great middle ground between PEMS and SLPs.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by 00 GTP Debadged@Feb 23 2006, 10:35 PM
I bought some 2  years ago from S&S and they still look great.  I did get the jet hot 2000 coating on them.  It it suppose to work up to 2400 degrees.  I am hoping to take them into the 11's... 

Randy
[snapback]115999[/snapback]​

you can take pem's into the 11's thos headers should get you further then that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info