3800 DHP PCM

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Everyone says you should have a smaller pully and a CAI before getting a PCM, would a drop in filter work? What real difference is there between the two. Also my cold air box has a tube that leads into the fenderwell. For some reason I don't remember seeing others like that, or am I just overtired again? And if so why would doing the home depo type fenderwell with cone make a big difference?

I

imported_1fastGTP

there both really efficient i kno a few people that have the fender well but thing is the cone gets dirty faster. Otherwise there are types like wizair and thrasher that are right behind ur headlight for when u take it out at the track so it all depends on ur choice. as for the dhp i had a smaller pulley and intake b 4 i retuned my pcm.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by framos242+Feb 27 2006, 04:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-chipmonk212121
@Feb 27 2006, 12:04 AM
gut your airbox.....seems to be the same effect as the wizair but for 200$ less
[snapback]116356[/snapback]​
Sorry but it won't.
[snapback]116466[/snapback]​
[/b]
it takes some work and a little money but you can get close to it, ive had a thrasher, a gutted box and HOT cone intake...adding insulating to a stock box and gutting it.. correctly will give you iat's pretty close to a stock thrasher and adding insulation to a thrasher will give you close to ambiant temps if you put the iat in the box not in the tubing, i used zzp tubing and a thrasher(wrapped like a drunkin chimp as vdan said) and it worked as good as you would ever want a intake to be

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
....i was just saying that the airbox can be gutted for free........i know the CAIs will work better.......they are designed for it.......but when your air intake has a hole over 2 times the size it origionally was........all the way through......it works......and it works fine..........so you can use the gutted airbox with the DHP......plus you dont have to worry about illinois weather fucking up your FWI filter.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info