3800 And the dealer says.................

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by itlnrob@Feb 20 2006, 03:39 PM
Ok I need a new torque converter, who makes a good aftermarket one close to stock specs. 

GM stock replacement is $450
[snapback]115351[/snapback]​

Ok these guys are douche bags..........they meant CATYLIC CONVERTER

Now i'm getting pissed.

Aftermarket prices anyone?

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by itlnrob+Feb 20 2006, 03:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-itlnrob
@Feb 20 2006, 03:39 PM
Ok I need a new torque converter, who makes a good aftermarket one close to stock specs. 

GM stock replacement is $450
[snapback]115351[/snapback]​

Ok these guys are douche bags..........they meant CATYLIC CONVERTER

Now i'm getting pissed.

Aftermarket prices anyone?
[snapback]115352[/snapback]​
[/b]

ne of these places work just go with wbody they have a cat for 80.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by sinr247@Feb 20 2006, 05:02 PM
why go cat at all......are you not modding anything past this...id save it and put towards some goodies

i know someone will argue this, buta straight pipe is cheaper,and never have to worry about it clogging, ive heard of high flow ones getting cloged too.
[snapback]115364[/snapback]​

what if i throw a code?

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Feb 20 2006, 06:07 PM
Get the catless DP...I'll remove the code for you. You'll be happier, and if down the road you decide to sell the car, a replacement cat can be welded in, typically they are $50ish on Ebay.
[snapback]115376[/snapback]​

what about emissions down the road? If they dont' look underneath the car, is there any way they can tell you deleted the o2?

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by itlnrob+Feb 20 2006, 06:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Feb 20 2006, 06:07 PM
Get the catless DP...I'll remove the code for you. You'll be happier, and if down the road you decide to sell the car, a replacement cat can be welded in, typically they are $50ish on Ebay.

what about emissions down the road? If they dont' look underneath the car, is there any way they can tell you deleted the o2?
[snapback]115377[/snapback]​
[/b]
This is the way to go. They do not inspect visually, just plug into the OBD2 port and see if any codes are thrown. If the codes are removed from the PCM you will be fine.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by BumpinGTP+Feb 20 2006, 11:06 PM-->
Originally posted by itlnrob@Feb 20 2006, 06:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@Feb 20 2006, 06:07 PM

[snapback]115377[/snapback]​
This is the way to go. They do not inspect visually, just plug into the OBD2 port and see if any codes are thrown. If the codes are removed from the PCM you will be fine.
[snapback]115428[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thats not totally true. I was visually inspected the last time I went for emissions. Never was inspected before. They do it randomly. Just get a magnaflow cat at your local exhaust shop.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Mike K@Feb 20 2006, 11:23 PM
I've never been visualled and I had that cam with an obnoxious exhaust... Not to say it couldn't happen but usually it won't.  If on the off chance you do get visualled simply fail and then go to another facility.
[snapback]115438[/snapback]​

It goes on record why you failed. So even if you goto another facility, wouldnt they see you failed due to no cat and check again??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info