3800 turbo install

hello this is my first post. i have just been reading for a few now. i was wondering where i could get a turbo kit installed on my car. i live in s il around carbondale SIU .... i have a blk 99 gtp 4dr w/k&n drop in filter w/air box mod and 3"-from about 3/4 of down pipe to high flow cat no u bend and flow masters. it is hella faster than stock. im getting a lot of tax rtns so i want to go the right route in moding my car to its full potiential. its just great to drive a 4dr that kills mustangs :D

any help will be great.

thanks

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Stattama in my opinion is the best you can get. I dont like the cartunning kit...do to the fact if you use the SC housing...it could cause cylinders 3 and 4 to lean out. other than that it is an ok basic kit.

go to ZZPerformance.com. or better yet email Zoomer. they have quite a few diferent options, and their are many turbo kits out now. :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The Cartuning kits are running the best straight out of the box times... If the offset outlet isn't a problem with the M90 it won't be a problem with the turbo. Boost is boost. With that said, if you don't like the idea of using your blower as a plenum we can either a. ported your blower and intake so that it's opened up (waist of money) or b. sell you a custom fabricated intake to use with the setup.

Bam! :)

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Feb 17 2006, 09:58 PM
Stattama in my opinion is the best you can get.  I dont like the cartunning kit...do to the fact if you use the SC housing...it could cause cylinders 3 and 4 to lean out.  other than that it is an ok basic kit.

go to ZZPerformance.com.  or better yet email Zoomer.  they have quite a few diferent options, and their are many turbo kits out now. :)
[snapback]115113[/snapback]​

Yeah and the Stattama kit is also about 1100 more actually and u gotta drive to Grand Rapids to get it installed it is up u can if u wana thats on u i'de rather get the cartuining kit..Cheaper and close to home and run low 12's in a after noon ....CANT BEAT THAT!!!!!!!!

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by GTPPWR+Feb 17 2006, 11:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike K
@Feb 17 2006, 11:20 PM
Boost is boost.   

Bam!  :)
[snapback]115120[/snapback]​

now thats funny :lolsign:

when it comes to cars...you get what you pay for. more money..better investment.
[snapback]115123[/snapback]​
[/b]

Not in all Cases sumtimes cheaper is just as good as something's more expensive
like the turbo kits all really that is different is the name they both produce the same results and ones like 1100 cheaper than the other....pending if u wana maybe pay more for a name that up to u....what im sayign is both run about the same time and once cheaper than the other :lolsign:

2000gtp

Regular
Feb 17, 2008
Omaha,NE
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Feb 18 2006, 12:33 AM
5k for a stattama turbo kit installed WITH intercooler.....
[snapback]115130[/snapback]​

Cartuning kit with intercooler, high temp coating, turbo upgrade, boost controller, and L67 block off plate is roughly $60 under stattama kit ($5K) and you dont need to pay for the trip to grand rapids. i think both kits are good just personal pref.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
im surrrounded by corna nd cows........im like 3 hours fromg rand rapids.....and 1.5 from where his shops gonna be...... and im NOT downing mike........im just saying what the stattama turbo cost since i had one quoted to me jsut giving him a little info......he is from southern illinois anyway......you should try STLGPC.com since your really close to that anyway.......unless you wanna spend 5 hours driving up here........

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
He is in Southern-Southern Illinois guys..I could probably do the install if you didnt want to drive all the way north. I will be at home in the Peoria area March 11-18.

I have hands on expereince with turbos, but have never installed the CT kit. Its suppose to be a 6hr job...but im sure we can beat that if we dont run into major problems. Install should be a breeze.

Mike

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Stattama kits are great. I'm not trying to put them down at all. Do your own research is all I'm saying. There is not a single kit on the market that is of higher quality or more complete than the Cartuning kits. I'll take pictures of the next kit that comes in and show you guys how intricate they get with detail. It's amazing.

when it comes to cars...you get what you pay for. more money..better investment.
The words car and investment should never be used in the same sentence together. :)

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
I don't see where you can justify that the CT kits are running better times straight out.

I really think they need to re-do their setup. Granted, it works, but it could be working twice as well if they ran the wastegate correctly instead of worrying about a "clean" looking bay.

I'm still waiting for one to break 120mph traps. It's going to take >20psi for them to do it. By then that turbo is almost out of breathe.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well i doubt if there was prob whne mike k i sinstalling it that he will hand you a non-running car or leave it half ass, he can hand you a 12-11 sec car in one trip to his shop. and its like only 20-30 minutes for most of us, i think id go with the cartuning, kevein at CT is great at getting any questions or concerns answered....has anyone tried to get answers from "turbo tim", i like the rest of zzp but that guy cant answer anything, and everyone else is never in shop

thanks again for all the help guys.. i sent out a few e-mails to a couple of venders. now im just waiting for the best deal, prouduct, service, and i dont want to travel too far. by the way what is STLGPC.com i could not find it. :( well ill keep u guys posted with any progress and of course all the kills. B)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info