3800 Oil Pressure Gauge

Originally posted by GTPItalian@Feb 16 2006, 12:29 PM
Alright, first I tryed to do a search for this because i know this has been asked before, but this schools computer is not letting me find any..If someone could send me a link or tell me how to install and oil pressure gauge in my 2001 gtp....
[snapback]114847[/snapback]​

You should have gotten a sensor that replaces a sensor near your oil filter. Not sure of the exact name of it but it detects if your oil is too low basically. It wires into your gauge and responds once the gauge is powered.

Jack up the car on the right side and take off the right front wheel. There is a sensor screwed into the block near the oil filter. Unscrew that and screw in the sensor for the oil pressure gauge. All thats left is wiring it to your actual gauge inside the car. That's probably the most time consuming.

Hope that helps

Originally posted by sinr247@Feb 17 2006, 05:58 PM
any codes thown when you did this
[snapback]115087[/snapback]​

Nope, thats what I thought when I installed it. I originally bought the guages from snoop a while back and asked him the same question.

No codes. He told me the sensor you replace just detects if you a complete dumbass and dont fill your oil at all.

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
Originally posted by BigJermGTP+Feb 18 2006, 03:43 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sinr247
@Feb 17 2006, 05:58 PM
any codes thown when you did this
[snapback]115087[/snapback]​

Nope, thats what I thought when I installed it. I originally bought the guages from snoop a while back and asked him the same question.

No codes. He told me the sensor you replace just detects if you a complete dumbass and dont fill your oil at all.
[snapback]115144[/snapback]​
[/b]

I thought the sensor by the oil filter was the oil pressure sending unit, and that the oil level indicator was actually on the oil pan?? I could be wrong, not sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info