3800 Ceramic coated S/C rotors

• Thread starter imported_PaceCarBoozer
  • Start date
I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

I was just thinking about the possibility of this. My bosses friend has a high 8 second Camaro and was talking about how he has ceramic coated pistons. He said they help with heat and durablity of the cylinder walls. He runs the car all season without a rebuild because of this. SO, I was wondering what people,s thoughts were on coating the rotors of the S/C with ceramic to help with durability and to possibly keep heat down or at least drop heat soak? Mike, Ron, would you guys be interested in playing with this idea?
CJ

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's really not necessary because the blower is going to make heat either way and does not have a high failure rate. The ceramic would also really not offer any cooling ability either. Lastly, because of the thickness and the close tolerances in the blower it would quickly get scraped off. For pistons, great idea. For supercharger rotors, not so great.

But keep the ideas coming. It's thoughts like this that help develop new products. We've come up with some pretty wacky thoughts.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by Mike K@Feb 15 2006, 09:44 PM
It's really not necessary because the blower is going to make heat either way and does not have a high failure rate.  The ceramic would also really not offer any cooling ability either.  Lastly, because of the thickness and the close tolerances in the blower it would quickly get scraped off.  For pistons, great idea.  For supercharger rotors, not so great.

But keep the ideas coming.  It's thoughts like this that help develop new products.  We've come up with some pretty wacky thoughts.
[snapback]114623[/snapback]​

Sure Mike, just break me down right away..haha. It was worth a shot. I'll keep throwin em at cha as I think of em. Maybe, I'll just keep my customizing to paint jobs.
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list