3800 turbo and spray?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
so now that turbos are the way to go for the most part, is it safer to use nitrous with cartuning kit then with the m90 i know many have messed around with it, and it seems the spray on a m90 doesnt do all that much, with proper tuning could a 75 shot be used pretty safely after the maf of course, or is there a plate design that could go under the m90,

how harsh would a shot like that be at mid 2nd gear on the tranny
or would a cam need to run safer

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Why are you interested in spraying with a turbo? I assure you that if you max out a turbo setup, and then add spray...your going to probably chew through trannies on a fully weighted grand prix.

I think that a majority of people doing nitrous on an M90 dont set it up properly.

When it comes to nitrous and a turbo, many people spray before the turbo, because it will allow more dense air to be compressed.

The way to maximize the safety of a nitrous setup is to set it up properly with the fueling system. Thats the biggest issue when it comes to blowing an engine with a nitrous setup.

Hope that helps a little...but probably not. Good luck.

Mike

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
ok, spray with an M90. certain people that I know spray 100 at an M90, with a stock bottom end. NO PROBLEMS!!! You just have to retard the timing 2-4degrees...all depends on how much you spray. in fact he dropped almost 2 sec in the quarter. and was only like .5 back form Intenses badSSEI. going from a high 13 to a LOW 12. just by the flip of a button.

If spraying a turbo kit....spray intercooler....nothing else. unless your helping spool the turbo system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info