3800 the art of a burnout....

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i understand that one-wheel burnouts are horrible on the tranny...but i cant seem to get both tires to spin a lot. the right side spins the most, and at the track, with DR's, and minimal water i have to really move the steering wheel back and forth to get the left to spin, and even then its not much http://media.putfile.com/byron_goodburn

thats as good as it got...

is there something i should do differently, besides buy an lsd? or is there something wrong with the tranny?

bumpin....you ran stock trans and diff right? what can i do to make both tires warm up equally w/o putting the trans at risk?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Feb 15 2006, 05:59 PM
i understand that one-wheel burnouts are horrible on the tranny...but i cant seem to get both tires to spin a lot.  the right side spins the most, and at the track, with DR's, and minimal water i have to really move the steering wheel back and forth to get the left to spin, and even then its not much  http://media.putfile.com/byron_goodburn

thats as good as it got...

is there something i should do differently, besides buy an lsd? or is there something wrong with the tranny?

bumpin....you ran stock trans and diff right?  what can i do to make both tires warm up equally w/o putting the trans at risk?
[snapback]114542[/snapback]​
you cant ease into teh throttle, you have to nail it, and both should spin,
when you ease it one wheel will find traction and one one, and theres your prob,

practice(safly in an open area)and put the brake on and nail it hard...try that...anyotheres had trouble with the way i do...ive never had a problem , only when i eased it,and when my tranny got real warm=185 or higher

I

imported_1fastGTP

yea that happened 2 me i had the ebrake and hammered it and one wheel that was the 1st time it ever did that. Some people told me 2 slam the gas then slam n hold the E brake right when it get spinning and it should lite up... but ive never tried it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info