3800 bad O2 sensor ?

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Sure does.

Especially if it is the bank 1 O2. Thats what helps estimate the cars fuel mixture. RICH/LEAN.

The rear 02 is for monitoring emissions.

Which one is burning out?
If it is the rear. Just remove it and plug up the bung.
Than get a custom program on your DHP to remove the rear o2 :)

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
Originally posted by sinr247@Feb 14 2006, 04:59 PM
it will effect everything, bank one is the top, it will idle rough and give shitty gas milage, and you might get some knock, and if its on the top end that could be a major prob....like boom ..if you get knock and you stay on the gas
[snapback]114329[/snapback]​

I have these syptoms but no code has been thrown. My intake manifold is good and i dont burn off any fluid. Should i replace my O2 sensor?

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
I have these syptoms but no code has been thrown. My intake manifold is good and i dont burn off any fluid. Should i replace my O2 sensor?
[snapback]114462[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I just installed it and it feels much better than before... The idle is great again I would think my gas would get a little better. I would recomend you change it.

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
Theres 2 on the car.
BANK 1 is located on the back of the engine before the down pipe on the exhaust manifold (you can see it from your engine bay, just look down)

BANK 2 is located after the cat in the "u-bend" and the PCM does not use this to calibrate air/fuel

They run around 60 bucks on partsamerica.com (Advance Auto)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info