3800 jury duty

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
yep, i got a letter in the mail today about jury duty for two weeks :unsure: . Iam only 19 years old and I dont know how this jury duty thing works out. So, what the hell do you do? I am not sure that i want to go but i have to unless i have a really good excuse. Also i am not in school, i work full time and my job will let me off for jury duty with pay.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by sgtp@Feb 13 2006, 08:47 PM
what courthouse do you have to go to?   Heres a tip:  when they interview you, have a good answer of how you were a victim of a crime .....and dont make it obvious if you are lying  :lol:
[snapback]114157[/snapback]​
I live in Kankakee county, so it is kankakee county court, in kankakee. Say that three times fast. Interview i didnt know that.

Originally posted by sgtp@Feb 13 2006, 08:47 PM
what courthouse do you have to go to?  Heres a tip:  when they interview you, have a good answer of how you were a victim of a crime .....and dont make it obvious if you are lying  :lol:
[snapback]114157[/snapback]​
That's if you even get to the interview proccess. I had to call the night before for them to tell me if I really needed to show up. I had to go because they had a case where the guy wanted a jury trial. So, I sat there because they said it was a morning trial. It was delayed so we were let out for lunch. When we got back they were going to start picking a jury, but the guy decided he had no chance and just plead guilty. So, they cut everyone a check for a day and let us go. I don't think you get the interview untill they are actually picking for a jury. I didn't at least. That was in Maywood.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
just take lots of reading material and change for the vending machines. Most times you just call the night before. If you do go in you may sit till 2 and get sent home. Only once did I go in a court room. Everyone is very nice and asks you questions about how you feel about stuff. Mine was a passanger sueing when the car she was in was rearended. I told them I had been hit twice like that, they let me leave almost right away.

Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Feb 13 2006, 10:04 PM
My dad got stuck with Jury duty for one month down town every day..  it was a doctor getting sued..  Doctor won the case too!!

I have never gotten a jury duty notice .....
[snapback]114178[/snapback]​

You better knock on wood. I said that once and I swear, two weeks later, I got called! My friend had a couple of years where she got called every six months. She complained about it and brought proof of being called to court once and they haven't called her since.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I got a notice for it once and all I did was sit there all damn day. It was sooooooo boring, no calls, no interview and this was at bridgeview I think. At about 2pm they finally let us leave, and then my company made the mistake of paying me double time or something so I actually made a lot of money sitting around smoking and reading a book! LOL

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
Once, I was called for jury duty at 26th and Cal. It was around 3:30 and the announcement was made that we were probably going to let go in a few minutes. All of a sudden, a case came about and my group was called. SOB!!! Oh well. So, we went to the courtroom. The lawyers were interviewing people and were letting people go left and right. Mind you, this was a going on and it was 5:30! The judge was getting pissed and told the defense and prosecutor that they using the exculsions too much. Guess they got the hint. It was almost 6:00 when I left. What a long BORING day....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info