3800 Repairing a TV?

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
EDTV RPTV that uses the tru flat technology.

Here are somethings to consider.

When you turned it on how loing did it take befor you got a pic? (5-10 secs while the guns warmed up??)

Now when you turn it on does it make any attempt at turning on?
Does it click?

How are you viewing the TV?
Cable STB box?
Satellite BOX?
OTA antenna?

I would disconnect all things attached to the TV.

I would than attach a DVD (no progressive mode only standard mode 480I) player using the Component/ Than the Coaxial cable. This way you can isolate the problems.

It could be possible that the STB went bad. or the cables provindng the picture went bad.

Also I know this TV is labeled as an EDTV. Have you changed any of the settings in any menus? This Tv i beleive is only capable of accepting 480i (480P signals and up are a no-no) signals make sure you are only using this type of signal.

Also there is a way to reset everything to the default settings. Check your manual.
Disconnect TV for 30 minutes. Than plug it back in. Than eneter the reset code or press the reste button which ever the manual says.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
When it was working it probably took 10 seconds to turn on and get a picture. But now, it doesnt click or anything. There is no sound at all. Nothing flickers. Acts exactly like it would if the power cable is disconnected from the wall....but it isnt.

I read around that a lot of people had fuses go bad on their panasonic TV. I looked in through a "peek hole" were the power cable goes and couldnt see a fuse. Didnt feel like taking it apart and accidently touching a cap. and pissing myself.

We just have standard TV cable. The cable is ran from the wall to the VCR/DVD combo then to the TV. No cable boxes, no satellite, nothing of that sort. The TV has worked flawlessly with the way it is setup for the past 3 years. Nothing new has been added since.

As far as I know, no TV settings have been adjusted. Im usually the only one that messes with that stuff in the house, and I havent done anything to it.

I unplugged the TV earlier in the day. Ill check out the reset button and plug it back in and see if anything happens.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
well leave it upplugged for a day or so and go buy an anti-static wrist strap. hook the strap to a ground and open up the back of your tv.....search for a fuse and try not to touch anything......and if you dont want to feel free to bring it by my store and ill take a look and see if there is anything i can do.....

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well after calling around its a minimum of $40 to check it out, and I have to get it into the store. Since both me and my roomate have cars, there is no way its fitting in it. So today we took it apart, and found the fuse. It was right near the power cord, but I couldnt see it that well. Looked at it, and its blown. So I just ordered two more from Panasonic. Heres to hoping that there wasnt a reason besides age that it blew <crosses fingers>

Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info