3800 Cartuning Turbo Kits....

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The potential for the supercharger is still there... ZZP pulled an M90 into the 10s and if it weren't for the Bonne's weight distribution, it's autorotor blower (very similar to the Whipple) would have it down near the same times as the turbo cars.

All things equal, however, these cars do seem to like turbos more than they like roots blowers.

by design a complete setup does that mean you guys could do somewhat of a custom turbo setup?
Not entirely... More or less it means we'll build you a car with a custom cam and other supporting mods. I like your sig by the way. :blink: :lol:

also what kind of boost controller is it,and why dont you guys offer turbo timers?
The boost controller is just a manual vacuum style unit. As for the turbo timer, it's really not needed if you just leave the engine on for 20 - 30 seconds after coming to a stop.

I

imported_1fastGTP

how much strain are you putting on your car with this setup? you would think the engine wouldnt handle that much power. Is there something more needed 2 be done besides hooking it up making sure nothen blows, because my car is a daily driver and i wouldnt mind a 12 sec. car but im just worried about tranny and the engine internals. please tell me how that works thanks.

I

imported_1fastGTP

i got a 20k mile stock tranny is there ne thing i can do 2 make it stronger so it doesnt blow with the kit? bc zu i want the kit but i also just got headers n everything and im not sure what would the smart choice be... zzp ic with cam n everything or just go with the turbo and set up a stronger tranny..

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by sinr247+Feb 7 2006, 08:24 PM-->
smokey burnouts tho will gernade any stock tranny,
[snapback]113051[/snapback]​
[/b]
This is a false assumption. Doing burnouts properly will not 'grenade' a tranny.

<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Feb 7 2006, 08:48 PM
how much for an install we talking?
[snapback]113055[/snapback]​
FREE until March 31st. :eek:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Bottom line guys, any low - mid 12 second Grand Prix is eventually going to need a transmission. Now the good news is that transmissions can be made to deal with this type of power VERY reliably. As for the motor, there are no concerns. The turbo is actually less stressfull on the bearings than the supercharger and there is a lot less power stolen from the engine to make boost. A properly tuned, installed turbo has the potential to be just as reliable as an almost stock car.

These engines handle an extrordinary amount of power/ boost and with a turbo you don't need much boost to go fast. Rocky Hatfield was running 7lbs (IIRC) on his turbo this weekend and pulling consistent mid-12s.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You need a built trans if you want it to last. Realistically a hardened input shaft, pump shaft, and single chain gear set will be all you need however.

We might have some REALLY exciting transmission news coming down the pipeline. Give me a few weeks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info