3800 what should i get next

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by redgt03@Feb 7 2006, 07:03 AM
I was going to go with the gt1 cam, but funds are not allowing it...so I have DHP 1.0, thrasher intake, 180 degree thermo and ubend delete.  I got a used HVII on the way.  So next should I go with a throttle body, downpipe, pems, or just wait and save up for the cam?  Thanks.
[snapback]112978[/snapback]​
Downpipe would be a nice next mod as well as split ratio rockers. The HVII's power gains are iffy at best. All it really serves to accomplish is shifting the powerband up. If you spend most of your time rolling on the highway you'll love it. Otherwise you might consider selling it to someone who's car spends most of it's time in the higher rpms.

redgt03

Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Peoria, il
Originally posted by Mike K+Feb 7 2006, 12:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-redgt03
@Feb 7 2006, 07:03 AM
I was going to go with the gt1 cam, but funds are not allowing it...so I have DHP 1.0, thrasher intake, 180 degree thermo and ubend delete.  I got a used HVII on the way.  So next should I go with a throttle body, downpipe, pems, or just wait and save up for the cam?  Thanks.
[snapback]112978[/snapback]​
Downpipe would be a nice next mod as well as split ratio rockers. The HVII's power gains are iffy at best. All it really serves to accomplish is shifting the powerband up. If you spend most of your time rolling on the highway you'll love it. Otherwise you might consider selling it to someone who's car spends most of it's time in the higher rpms.
[snapback]112987[/snapback]​
[/b]

so you are saying sell the HVII, then get 1.8 rockers and a downpipe?

redgt03

Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Peoria, il
Originally posted by redgt03@Feb 23 2006, 02:20 PM
what about PEMs?
[snapback]115930[/snapback]​

so i have ZZP's new aluminum 1.8 rockers w/pushrods on the way, and a coolant plug.....so i was thinking PEMS and downpipe...that would give me.....

DHP 1.0, 1.8 rockers, 180 degree thermo, PEMS, 3 inch downpipe, ubend delete, thrasher intake.....does that sound good?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list