3800 Diesel Injectors..

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Can I put one in my grand prix???

Ok....no but seriously. I am doing a design project on making a new type of diesel injector. Before I design a new one, I need to know exactly how a regular diesel injector works, but seem to be coming up short on websites. I know the basics, but am looking for a very technical writeup, preferably with pictures...maybe the injector being taken apart.

Can injectors be taken apart easily? Doesnt need to be able to go back together...just as long as we can separate it apart in decent condition. If so, would anyone happen to have one laying around they want to ship to me for a couple dollars?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Diesel injectors work as direct injection...IE they are put into the head like a spark plug is and spray directly into the combustion chamber. The fuel pressure is usually on the order of 1600 bar, which is around 23,000 psi. Just slightly moer than our ~55 psi of fuel pressure. Some of them use a mechanical pump system others use a common rail system.

Which reminds me, the system I am working with is a Common Rail Diesel system. So I just assume the fuel comes in at a certain pressure, and dont have to worry about a mechanical pump.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list