3800 modular belt wrap kit

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Not yet, but soon. I'm making the patterns this week for the water jet cutter. All the material has arrived already.

Also, I didn't intend on having one to fit the 1/2 size IC like you have. However, if you feel like making a road trip out here, we could check the fit. It may be possible to have one modified to fit.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Click the link and you will see:

"What are the advantages of your kit over the popular 8 rib pulley setups?

* Cost - No need to purchase seperate idler, tensioner, and crank pullies. Simply purchase our kit and use it with your completely stock idler, tensioner, and crank pullies!
* Convenience - No need to get your hands dirty swapping pullies and belts. All you need to install our kit is basic hand tools and 5 minutes of your time!"

XANAX

Feb 5, 2008
IL.
Originally posted by emersonhart13@Feb 8 2006, 08:01 AM
Click the link and you will see:

"What are the advantages of your kit over the popular 8 rib pulley setups?

* Cost - No need to purchase seperate idler, tensioner, and crank pullies.  Simply purchase our kit and use it with your completely stock idler, tensioner, and crank pullies!
    * Convenience - No need to get your hands dirty swapping pullies and belts.  All you need to install our kit is basic hand tools and 5 minutes of your time!"
[snapback]113143[/snapback]​
#1 cost....it cost less to do an 8 rib setup.

#2 I can change the pulleys in 10 minutes, anyone can, its not hard, any monkey can do it... :blink:
you Only change the 8 ribs once! where you will have to remove or loosen the tensioner everytime you want to swap yor s/c pulley..PITA/IMHO
tell me how easy it will be to swap pulleys at the track!!

XANAX

Feb 5, 2008
IL.
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Feb 8 2006, 04:45 PM
where you will have to remove or loosen the tensioner everytime you want to swap yor s/c pulley..PITA/IMHO
This is not a tensioner, it is an idler, thus you do not have to remove or loosen it to change a pulley/belt. You would change it the same way as before.
[snapback]113213[/snapback]​
so you will need a Looser belt to get it around everything, and when you go to a smaller pulley, how do you get the SAME wrap from the idler?

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by XANAX+Feb 8 2006, 04:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
@Feb 8 2006, 04:45 PM
where you will have to remove or loosen the tensioner everytime you want to swap yor s/c pulley..PITA/IMHO
This is not a tensioner, it is an idler, thus you do not have to remove or loosen it to change a pulley/belt. You would change it the same way as before.
so you will need a Looser belt to get it around everything, and when you go to a smaller pulley, how do you get the SAME wrap from the idler?
[snapback]113220[/snapback]​
[/b]

Not to butt in, but if you don't want it, don't get it, but don't start tearing apart someones idea. It does one job, does it well, and as far as changing the pulleys it would be no different from stock.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer+Feb 8 2006, 07:40 PM-->
Originally posted by XANAX@Feb 8 2006, 04:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP

Not to butt in, but if you don't want it, don't get it, but don't start tearing apart someones idea. It does one job, does it well, and as far as changing the pulleys it would be no different from stock.
[snapback]113234[/snapback]​
[/b]

Agreed! There is trying to understand and then there is something called being rude...

XANAX

Feb 5, 2008
IL.
Originally posted by XANAX+Feb 8 2006, 04:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BumpinGTP
[/b]
can this be answered without any meds?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

What is added into the mix is another idler. The stock tensioner still functions as normal. The stock tensioner gives anywhere from 1/4" to 3/4" play in sizes, belt for belt a 1" length is required. The tension of the belt will remain the same as stock, but you get 1" more wrap on the SC than stock, which is a lot more aggressive than the almost 1/4" than you get from a oversized tensiner pulley, and about equal to or better than an 8 rib set-up.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Feb 9 2006, 02:18 PM
I took off my over sized tensioner, caused more problems than it was worth, turned out my idler the same size went out, so it went to good use anyways.
[snapback]113447[/snapback]​
Yeah, idlers (oversized or stock) have a limited life span on these motors. I've replaced at leat 4-5 that I can remember since I've owned the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info