3800 Was an ok game

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
OK, now let's be honest, and take off any "biased glasses." When plays were overturned, it was because there was evidence to do so, and when they weren't there was nothing conclusive to overturn it. Considering how the zebras haven't been very kind to the Steelers in the whole playoffs, this was a refreshing change of pace. Even though the Steelers didn't play their best game, it was good enough to beat the Seahawks who played pretty well. 'Nuff said, better team won!

Oh by the way, I am a lifelong loyal Steeler fan, and I'm not letting ANYONE take this feeling away from me! :D

redgt03

Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Peoria, il
Originally posted by MrT+Feb 7 2006, 08:30 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-redgt03
@Feb 7 2006, 06:26 AM
i agree with you on the offensive pass interferance....they never should have called that.
[snapback]112976[/snapback]​
if you push off of the defender to gain an advantage to catch the ball, it's offensive P.I.....
[snapback]112980[/snapback]​
[/b]

right but even the annoucers could not believe they called that.....

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Feb 7 2006, 11:01 AM
the ball hit the endzone line when he went down, but he got pushed back AFTER he landed and was down already.......
[snapback]112985[/snapback]​
therefore, the ball crossed the plane (as required), and it's a TD.if he gets thrown back 3 yards AFTER it doesn't matter
..remember there is a ref standing in the corner looking RIGHT down the line....the TV replays (i've seen) are all at an angle....inconclusive evidence = ruling on the field stands :)

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by MrT+Feb 7 2006, 02:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-chipmonk212121
@Feb 7 2006, 11:01 AM
the ball hit the endzone line when he went down, but he got pushed back AFTER he landed and was down already.......
[snapback]112985[/snapback]​
therefore, the ball crossed the plane (as required), and it's a TD.if he gets thrown back 3 yards AFTER it doesn't matter
..remember there is a ref standing in the corner looking RIGHT down the line....the TV replays (i've seen) are all at an angle....inconclusive evidence = ruling on the field stands :)
[snapback]112991[/snapback]​
[/b]

I said from the angle given didn't look like he crossed. That was no push off though, wasn't really even a hand check, more like feeling where the defender was.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i agree on the push off...i saw it at first, and i thought for sure he pushed off, but after watching the replays...and tivo lol...it looks like he was just seeing where he was at...but the steeler defender did a good job playing it off like a pushoff too...

and i think the ball crossed the line...looks to me like it did in the replays...but either way, there was not UNDISPUTABLE evidence of a yes or a no, so the ruling on the field had to stand....

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I enjoyed the game very much! Been a Steelers fan since the 70's
DSC00956_1_2_1.JPG

DSC00989_3_1.JPG

DSC00964_2_1.JPG

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
Hey Hunterdog, You ROCK!
Sorry, I don't have pictures of me running around in my Bettis jersey with my Pre-Super Bowl XXX Terrible Towel waving in the air, but I'm also a LONG-TIME Steelers fan. I remember watching them beat Dallas in Super Bowl XIII (for some reason I don't remember the win over the Rams in Super Bowl XIV). I was a little too young to recall the Super Bowl IX and X wins over the Vikings and Cowboys, but I'm sure that we were watching the games. I lived near Pittsburgh for 5 years, but was a fan long before, even through the non-playoff years, so I'm lovin this! It's always good to be a Steelers fan, but it's especially good right now!

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
Alright, for all you "Steeler Haters," and whiny Seahawk fans, the NFL Review committee went over the game tape. They admitted that a number of the calls were very close (there are some in nearly every game), but there is only one penalty that they said shouldn't have been called. That was the 15 yard penalty against Hasselback for the block below the knees on the interception. Even without that penalty, I am confident that Pittsburgh would have run the same play with the same result (Big Ben to Parker to Randle El, TD pass to Ward).

I would like to be the first to suggest that Seattle change it's name. They ought to rename their city Wa Wa. Then when you send them mail it will go to Wa Wa, Wa :lolsign: . It would fit them since they whine and cry so much about losing. Ok, maybe not so funny, that's why I'm a banker and not a comedian!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info