3800 engine rebuild

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by xierxior@Feb 5 2006, 04:45 PM
I recently bought an xp cam,gen v, and I have 130k on the shortblock I want to get it rebuilt, new bearings,rings,lifters, honed, decked, removal of balance shaft.
does anyone know of any shops that have experience with a 3800 and how much should I be expecting to pay?
[snapback]112857[/snapback]​
installing the go fast parts talk to bumpin...getting it honed and decked

it might be cheaper to just get a used low miles motor,syp got one from morad parts...no need to rebuild then...and you can put the cam in while out of the car....makes it easie. all that work will cost you, you can prob get a motor for like 2 grand

good luck

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by sinr247+Feb 5 2006, 05:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Feb 5 2006, 04:45 PM
I recently bought an xp cam,gen v, and I have 130k on the shortblock I want to get it rebuilt, new bearings,rings,lifters, honed, decked, removal of balance shaft.
does anyone know of any shops that have experience with a 3800 and how much should I be expecting to pay?
installing the go fast parts talk to bumpin...getting it honed and decked

it might be cheaper to just get a used low miles motor,syp got one from morad parts...no need to rebuild then...and you can put the cam in while out of the car....makes it easie. all that work will cost you, you can prob get a motor for like 2 grand

good luck
[snapback]112859[/snapback]​
[/b]

I don't need any help installing the parts :blink: I just need a reputable shop to do the shortblock

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by xierxior@Feb 5 2006, 04:45 PM

CLASS1.

people in chicago bring their engines to them to be built. tons of GN's, etc. my engine is being built by them right now. they will be getting my LT1 out of my camaro as well. I was very impressed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info