3800 Sushi....

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
I can make sushi.....yeah, I'm cool like that :D I found this picture from awhile ago and just felt like posting it.
470319952_l.jpg

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by Ten32@Feb 2 2006, 09:56 AM
And MrT, not all sushi is raw.
[snapback]112561[/snapback]​
;) I don't like raw seafood so I usually make mine with slices of grilled shrimp, carrots, and radish. Most people think of sushi and think of raw fish, but thats not all it is, its lots of vegetables and some killer good sauces you dip it in too. Im getting really good at rolling them but I can't master the square roll yet. I can do it with rounded corners, but I cant get the perfect square edges yet.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Time for a story about the first and last time I ate sushi.

So a buddy of mine and I went into the city. Pearl Jam, Chili Peppers, and Smashing Pumpkins were playing a show at the Aragon (early 90's). We tried getting tickets from a scalper, and subseqently were led to an alley to do the deal...needless to say, we were nearly robbed and left the area! So we went down to Clark and Belmont to find something going on. We found parking on School St and walked the area. Since we had our money left from the tickets, we decided to hit up some dinner. We found a sushi bar, got a variety platter, he wussed out and got tempura. I washed it down witha Kirin dry beer...really good; the food was execllent...even the octopus!

So we left there, and looked to find some kind of show going on. I can't remember the name of the place, but it ended up being an underage juice bar, and we saw Vic Vacume and the attachments. This was a 3oolb singer in a hula dress with a coconut bra singing death metal songs about stuff like a pocket fisherman. Pretty hilarious, so we stayed for the whole show.

Later we got back to the car to find the battery was stolen out of it. With the rest of our money got a 5th of whisky and train tickets home.

That's my sushi story...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

yeah, this same guy...we've been friends for a long time. Stuff always happens not as plan. That same month I got tickets to see Nirvana at Metro (before they went big), we missed the show because of a scheduling problem. Ended up seeing House of freaks...who were OK, but it would have been a lot better to see Nirvana in a small club before they started playing big venues. To top it off, he brought his friend from work who complained the whole time and we ended up leaving early. At least he worked at a limo company, so we rode up and back in a stretch for free.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info