3800 Help with Pulley Sizes

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
I found a guy off E-bay that makes his own MPS system and was offering the pulleys in a variety of sizes... Ebay Link

If you're not sure what size will work for you, feel free to email me with a list of your mods. Here's a rough estimate of what size you can go with...

3.4 stock car with cold air intake

3.3 stock car with cold air intake u-bend delete and Colder Range Plugs

3.25 cold air intake plus colder and a very free flowing exhaust (hi-flow/no cat, cat back, u-bend delete, etc.)

Any smaller than that and you're going to need some more engine work to either cool the intake (intercooler) or greatly increase intake/exhaust flow (ported heads/supercharger, headers, camshaft, etc.)
Personally, from what I've been told, to go less then 3.4" would require an intercooler setup, is this guy really off or is it possible to go down to a 3.3" or 3.25" and see even more gains without the worry of causing more damage? I'm running a 3.4" now, but are these MPS systems any better? Any suggestions?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
W-Body Store Says This:

(3.5 - 3.4" pulley) - Cold Air intake, U bend/ downpipe replacement, DHP PCM, 180 degree thermostat, Autolite 104 plugs
(3.3 - 3.2" Pulley) - All the above plus: Rockers or a mild cam, ported manifolds or headers
(3.1 - 2.8" Pulley) - All the above plus: More aggresive cam or intercooler, ported & polished heads, more specific tune (PowrTuner)
(2.7 - 2.6" Pulley) - All the above: More aggresive cam and intercooler.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

everybodies car seems to be a little different, I ran a 3.25 before I had my rockers, just a CIA and a downpipe, with stock plugs and no knock, but some people have alot of problems with knock, you could definetely run a 3.4 on your set up though.
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info