3800 did a scan today

thanks for scanning my car for me viperMike!

but why the hell would i be getting up to 8* of KR with the mods i currently have??
with my 3.5" pulley, PEMs and rockers and im still getting KR.. WTF!! :blink:
could this be false KR? i was getting alot of wheelspin and the road we were on was full of debris from construction kicking up into the wheelwell.
this sucks!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Jan 30 2006, 05:14 PM

but why the hell would i be getting up to 8* of KR with the mods i currently have??
could this be false KR?  i was getting alot of wheelspin and the road we were on was full of debris from construction kicking up into the wheelwell.
this sucks!
[snapback]112255[/snapback]​
that dp might be holding you back,james dean does not know how to make dp's its still gets down to just under 2* in the center of the stock flex,which JD keeps to weld to
so that could be somthing,and if your sway bar is hitting your DP that could be it,
8 is hihg tho, what are your plugs gapped at

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I was the one who scanned Mikes car with my LS1m today. We drove around his area and did a few WOT runs, they were starting from between 20mph-50mph, we couldnt do a run from a stop, the ground was wet and there was alot of wheel spin. I just used the LS1m gauge to scan for KR and Boost, I didnt do a full scan where it records everything.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Jan 30 2006, 05:14 PM
i was getting alot of wheelspin and the road we were on was full of debris from construction kicking up into the wheelwell.
this sucks!

http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=38

thats my scan and between 13:52:15 and 13:52:19 i was spinning tires at the track...maybe with the wheel spin my tog's are hittin the sway bar (its not flipped) but on the street from a 30 mph roll there no KR w/ that same setup. i bet you had something hitting while you were spinning tires...wish you had a scan to look at so you could see if it started getting kr, then dropped down.

@phat_ridegt i have no idea how to read those scans..might as well be in greek.
i also did a couple of 50-70mph runs with similar results.

@98GTP my plugs are almost brand new with only a few thousand miles on them.
maybe 2,000 miles at most. and the rockers dont make any noise when i rev the motor by hand.

i wonder if an AFC would help me help?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Jan 30 2006, 04:14 PM

could this be false KR?  i was getting alot of wheelspin and the road we were on was full of debris from construction kicking up into the wheelwell.
this sucks!

post a full scan please.

www.scandepot.net and support my brothers creation

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Not false KR.

Check the following.

1.sway bar not hitting the downpipe.

2.exhaust leaks when you reinstalled the PEM's

3.valvetrain chatter from the rocker install (loose rocker and or damaged spring)

4.re-check gap on all plugs make sure there is no damage, excessive wear on the plug and or fouling. Also you can see if the car is running too lean or too rich.

When you rescan the car check your IAT's,IPW,o2's,temp Ltrims.
Timing.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
by looking at the KR it looks like real knock...i circled the part in that pic where the KR starts, then adds more timing.

in the first scan o2s look a little high, but the 2-3 are about perfect i think, and #4 seems a little lean for me...

looks like in #4 the KR may be normal, the closer to the shift from 2nd -3rd you get, the more timing it pulls....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info