3800 What kind of exhaust do you have?

Originally posted by graphicassult@Jan 29 2006, 11:27 AIDS
So i'm looking at getting a new exhaust in the very near future

I went to midas, a complete magnaflow custom exhaust 2-300 dollars

the problem is, i think magnaflow makes all cars sounds ricey...

what do you guys have?
[snapback]112134[/snapback]​

i have 3'' magnaflow, and it doesnt sound ricey at all....its a really deep drone sound to it, i love it!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
magnaflows do sound like a honda.ive heard quite a few of them.the only nice part about those is you dont have to get tips most of the time, they are included on most

im going to run wrapped TOGS,no cat, 3* 24 inch long res. , 3* pipe to 3*force muffler with dual 2.5 exits to 2.5 inlet T/A tips,
force mufflers are threw summit racing, there 30 bucks and sound great lots of low end muscle car sound.plus a single muffler will have a weight savings over the rear end and mine is placed right next to the fuel tank and splits after that
i think thats the best drag exhaust setup that still works for the street
no weight after the rear tires...well...less weight

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
This at WOT (turbo/blower) sounds alot better than this at WOT. (blower only)

Granted Zooomer still runs the blower, but the turbo makes the exhaust sound way cooler. Hence, turbo 3800s sound ALOT better than your standard 3800.

Plus you have to remember that Camaro and Firebird V6s are the same as FWD V6s as you say.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You can have pipes going any way you want. Displacement, cylinder firing order, exhaust all make up for the sound. Not the way the pipes are routed.

If there is a difference, it might be the fact that Fbodies have single mufflers while we have dual mufflers. Thats the ONLY thing that might make a difference.

graphicassult

Regular
Jan 10, 2008
Jay when i talked to the guy we were talkin a full catback, i dont know if he was going to do a u-bend delete or not, didnt ask. But i'm sure it comes with a straight pipe to the Y-Pipe, possibly a new Y- and then mufflers.

I know for sure they were gettin rid of the resinator, i specifially requested that, haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info