3800 Opinions/experiences SLP headers

Thinking about buying a used set of SLP headers. Who has had them and what did you think.

Was there any exhaust leak noise from the DP? I know its gonna make the car louder but I know I would just hate to hear any kind of exhaust leak, Ive heard a GP with an aftermarket DP and it sounded like an old rusty beater because of exhaust leak.

Dont mean to c*ck block you 1quickgs, I just want to make sure these are the right things for me. If I dont get any headers used Im just gonna go with PEM's, DP, and manual cutout. Let me know what you all think

Jeremy

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
dp's are noisy ,and witha cutout its a monster...you heard my car at the track that day...there shouldnt be any leaks unless your welder sucks. iit will be louder.then stock of course, id wrap them, helps with heat and noise

as for how they perform..ive never had a set, ive heard they flow slightly less then togs so .. if you really want that 2-3 hp get togs otherwise you will be fine..ive heard slp's are nicer quality..thats hear say tho ;)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
yeah their was a tick when I first put them on but after about 1,000 miles it got alittle quieter and I think wraping would do away with it all togather now my install was not to bad but I already had the blower off I think that helped but what ever ones you get they are not going to be a snap to put on.

brett

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@Jan 27 2006, 05:08 AIDS
what ever ones you get they are not going to be a snap to put on.

brett
[snapback]111887[/snapback]​

agree'd. however w/ tog's the dp is seperate from the rear header...the slp is all one piece...from start to finish my tog install took 5 hours, including driving to get the sawzall and getting some lunch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info