3800 Engine swap team assemble!

I

imported_GraFFix

Well I think its about that time...time to retire my old, but trusty motor once and for all.

What im planning on doing is a complete motor swap...I will be buying a 04' motor complete with with SC. Hopefully with around 20k miles on it. Before this motor goes in I want to put in a XP cam or similar, possibly new valve springs, retainers, timing chain and whatever other supporting mods that go with a cam swap. Still unsure on exactly what Ill need to do the swap..any opinions are welcome. A list of whats needed would even be better lol :)

So what im looking for first is a few people who are willing to help get this swap done. I will be paying for services but also wrenching where I can. I will need a location for this swap to take place since I do not have the room nor the correct equipment to handle a motor swap. This will most likely take place within the next few months. Maybe march sometime. I still need to locate a motor but i think i found one already. Complete 04' with 18k miles for $1600...and its local :)

So if your interested in helping let me know...I was hoping to get some help from some of the more knowledgable members here. especially when it comes to swaps and wrenchin on the old 3800. So Pictor, Bumpin, Alex, Hale, Jeff, Kevin, Supercharged, J/O..and whoever else i forgot lets get an allstar swap team together and knock this out...Old school style!

Thanks!

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by mybluegtp@Jan 26 2006, 04:29 AIDS
why not a turbo Joe?
[snapback]111733[/snapback]​

One reason...$$

I figure this motor swap is going to cost me around $2,500 give or take a bit. then a turbo kit would be close to 4k...Nah thats ok.

I not trying to build the fastest car Im trying to build a reliable fun street car. And really if i was going to dump 6-7k into a car it wouldnt be this one it would be a new car like a EVO, STI, GTO, WS6...etc I just dont want a car payment at the moment so dumping 2k into it now for a few more years of beating on it seems reasonable. :)

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
If you wanted to turn it into a "mod day", I can talk to Steve and see about using our garage....2 1/2 car heated...and the floors already seen plenty of oil, anti-freeze, etc. Our driveway is big enough to 10 - 12 cars, with plenty of room to have more in the front and side yards...plus the street...we are unincorporated so we can have a bonfire....and people could always camp out in the garage/house or be brave and camp outside. :) We also have an air compresser if someone has air tools they want to use. Only thing we don't have is an engine hoist......that might be a little helpful. :)

Even if it doesn't turn into a mod day, the offer's still open....just let us know! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info