3800 engine.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
well for those of you that have followed my progress. everything in my sig is currently being built. I have to drop the rest of it off at the local shop...and I should have it here in a few weeks. then..my engine install comes.

my sig has been updated to the parts I just ordered tonight to finish her up.

my June 1st deadline might actually be it. only time will tell. :lol:

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
yes I am still willing to tune the dsm. I just need to make sure I have a full tank of gas before I head down. as for heads. must have duel springs. ZZP stage 4, or intense stage 4, or just have local shop here modify a set of stockers. I need to make a decision here within a few weeks.

what are you guys ideas?

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
a lot of the old Hotrodders did it. you cryogenically freeze the block. this cold of temperature changes the molecular structure of the block. making the molecules more dense..........making ti stronger. it can disform the block a little..but then you machine it down to be perfect.

ta da!! you ahve a block that will be VERy hard to break. the crank will most likel;y snap before the block will. there are many facilities that are capable of such things.

all in all, with my luck of blowing engines.....we will soon put it to the test.

in my honest opinion......it works. I have talked to a lot of these od guys...and they recamend it.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Jan 22 2006, 03:24 AIDS
Thats hell of a list, good luck!

JW, did you cryoe the rods and crank?
[snapback]111178[/snapback]​

I told them to go ahead and do everything and anything to make this hold up.

all the little tricks that they know to make it last. I geuss the L32 rods are only rated up to 500horse.....

but yeah I'm having them cryo evrything now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info