3800 valve cover gaskets

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I went to pepboys after work and pick up some felpro for $15. got home pop the hood open the box and ****. They are for a grand prix gt :angry: . I called pepboys back and i ended up talking to the guy that sold me the gaskets. He said ther is no s/c 'ed option on my computer. Im thinkin how the hell can you sell auto parts and not have the supercharged grand prix enging in the computer? So i will be ordering some from the dealer for $20 and have it delivered to work tomorrow and take the others back to pepboys. So much for doing a valve cover job tonight.
Also while i was there i though i sould pick up some exhaust gaskets and the downpipe. I will be getting pem's and a 3 inch downpipe really soon :D . Every exhaust gasket i asked for was "special order." How would you not have exhaust gaskets, i think those are pretty standard items. End of Rant.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Jan 19 2006, 08:53 PM
I went to pepboys after work and pick up some felpro for $15. got home pop the hood open the box and ****. They are for a grand prix gt :angry: . I called pepboys back and i ended up talking to the guy that sold me the gaskets. He said ther is no s/c 'ed option on my computer. Im thinkin how the hell can you sell auto parts and not have the supercharged grand prix enging in the computer? So i will be ordering some from the dealer for $20 and have it delivered to work tomorrow and take the others back to pepboys. So much for doing a valve cover job tonight.
Also while i was there i though i sould pick up some exhaust gaskets and the downpipe. I will be getting pem's and a 3 inch downpipe really soon :D . Every exhaust gasket i asked for was "special order." How would you not have exhaust gaskets, i think those are pretty standard items. End of Rant.
[snapback]110876[/snapback]​

I think the GM brand hold up the best. I know they are not the cheapest. My buddy just got his replaced for $225.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info