3800 ok, so wtf?

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
I'm cruising home from steak n shake and this honda pulls up next to me at a light I look over and some kid is staring me down :blink: anyways, light goes green I take off...
30 hes next to me (better speed up I think to my self)
40 still next to me... getting annoying
50 fuck this (flogs it)
60 honda civic still next to me
70.. still there...
80 wtf?
90 ok, NOW I'm pulling just a little...

it was a newer civic possibly stick shift I didn't hear a blow off valve or anything are they really that fast? is it possible a stock civic hung with me for that long?

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
If it was a new Civic.....The Si has
197-horsepower, 2.0-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine
6-speed manual transmission with helical-type limited slip differential

Capable of doing a low 15 to high 14 with a really good driver. Check this link out for more info. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/content/1...18516418961568/

Did you hear anything or was it stock sounding? He probably had a few bolt ons. Either that or maybe your car needs a tune-up :p

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
the new civic just like the cobolt was underrated when tested to a dyno, most cobolts dyno about 209-212 on a cold engine, and no air filter, and the new civic was about 210
this is at the wheels were talking, are cars stock make that to the wheels
on a lighter car, stick, and a lsd.... high 14's i think evena shitty driver can hit in one of those. the rsx does 14.3-14.4 and its lighter with a LSD...and with
your mods and the fact that you were probly in 2nd when you gunned it and we start to lose pwer ..we are not good highway racers, well of course there are exceptions (turbo,spray,high rpm shifts)
i can see that happening to you, im suprised at 90 he didnt pull on you, i think your race would of ended with him ahead when you got to about 110-115 mph,
v-tec works great on the high end for those cars
weight is a big dif, when your talking 6-800 lbs

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
LT1's are not highway cars, look at there torque band and HP band, its all low for the most part
of corse someone will say i have top end heavy LT! ....modded to shit.
they fixed this with LS1's power all over , all the way to the redline
try racing one of those on the highway, that will be a diff story

its not that were dead slow . its just the RPM band we make power is low, and highway's are mostly higher revs

this is where turbos pick on us

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info