3800 those with ET Street Radials

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
what kind of tire pressures have you had good luck with? I know there are MANY variables such as track prep, temp, tire condition. but my tires have maybe 10 passes on them with minimal burnout. when it was about 60* outside i wan 25psi in the tires and pulled a lot of 1.9's and 2-3 1.8's....and when it was 35-40* i messed with the tire pressure and started at 30 psi, and ended at about 21...and nothing helped them hook up...it was a poorly prepped track and cold.

my question is what were your 60' times with what tire pressures?

as you said, temp and track prep will vary the pressures but for me, i always started at 22 lbs.
I would adjust down as i "felt" the track. there were occations where I was all the way down to 14lbs and pulling low 1.7s
but on average, i was about 18-19 lbs to pull mid 1.7s
my best 60 was 1.64.... i blew both CV boots on that run!! LOL

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
ET street drag radials....the new tires...not the et streets slicks....i dont know if the 80k trans will take too many 1.7's lol...i just didnt know what the 'correct' tire pressure was. i talked with a buddy who is big into stangs and he said they need like 30psi to be effective...he talks a lot of crap though so i didnt know if he was blowing steam or knew what he was talkin about lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info