3800 intercool install question

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
are you any kind of mechanic inclined? I work on machinery at work, and it took me like 12 hours to do it right(with some help), but that was in 0 degree weather. dismantling the front bumper on my 2000 was no cake walk but not real hard, just alot to remove to install my rad and pump. most of the pieces never went back on..
I hate to have to work on my car in the cold. I need to install a battery before I get screwed with a dead one.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
make it a two day project...or all day saturday or sunday.....i did mine on two nights after work...about 3-4 hours each night....first night i installed rad. and pump (had bumper off) and the next night did the core and rest of the wiring...everything when perfectly. use the injector spacers unless you have/getting fuel rails. im sure there are people who are willing to help out...i dont have much luck working on other peoples cars...its costed me a lot of money lol....

like coolgtx said on our 2000 most of the pieces for the front bumper never went on, i guess on 00+ its a little more difficult for the bumper, but i winged it and it was off and on in about 30 mins.

BTW ssic is a good product, but i wish i would have saved a lil more money and bought the full stage II...just fyi...i went with the short stack because of the sd hood, but now they have cradle spacers so you could use the stageII with any hood. but like i said, for the money it was well worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info