3800 pulled over for tints

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
I'm not sure what county you are in, but I do know that in Cook County if you can prove that you have removed the tint that the judges will often (but not always) treat it as a "fix-it ticket" and dismiss the charge.

That said, you knew the tint was illegal when you got it. Why would you purposely do something illegal and then come hope that there's a way out of it?

ZIOMEK068

Regular
Oct 17, 2008
true. just figured that it has only been a month and already got a ticket that i could get out of it and take off the tints before i get too many tickets for tinted windows. I live in dupage, But if its only possibility of getting ticket thrown away then its not worth taking them off.

BigJermGTP

Regular
Mar 28, 2008
Montgomery
Originally posted by ZIOMEK068@Jan 4 2006, 05:54 PM
yea ive heard that they've made people take them off right then and there?  So, they sit there for like an hours while u scratch away at your tints?  If i took them off and went to court and proved that i had them off would that get me out of the ticket?
[snapback]109316[/snapback]​

I had my front windows tinted on another car and a cop gave me a ticket for them. He said if i get a picture of the car with no tint on the front windows the ticket would be gone.

Stupid me took it back to Ziebart to remove the tint. They charged me $40 for it. I get to court with the pics and reciept from ziebart and show them to the judge. He said ok you dont have to pay $75 for the ticket but I have to pay $30 court charges. Im like WTF!!! All in all I still spent 70 bucks.

I dont know man, it really depends on the judge i guess, its not that serious of a deal. Its not recorded as a moving violation or anything. Just take it off yourself, beware, its a pain in the ass, and show it to them to try and get out of paying 75 dollars. I hope you knew it was illeagal to have it in front before you got it done, exspecailly 5% in the front.

Good Luck

I

imported_Theautoguy

I have a doctor friend who got a ticket for the same thing; he went to court with a doctor's script stating that the tint was perscribed for some eye or migrane issue. So if you know a doctor well enough you can keep the tint. You'll just need to keep the copy of the script in the car at all times.

JNGTP94

Regular
Jan 1, 2008
Originally posted by ZIOMEK068@Jan 4 2006, 06:54 PM
yea ive heard that they've made people take them off right then and there?  So, they sit there for like an hours while u scratch away at your tints?  If i took them off and went to court and proved that i had them off would that get me out of the ticket?
[snapback]109316[/snapback]​

That works in MN if you have your tint too dark, but then again we are allowed to have it on all windows there

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Jan 4 2006, 09:31 PM
I have a doctor friend who got a ticket for the same thing; he went to court with a doctor's script stating that the tint was perscribed for some eye or migrane issue. So if you know a doctor well enough you can keep the tint. You'll just need to keep the copy of the script in the car at all times.
[snapback]109340[/snapback]​

Won't work... I already posted the exact law in another post, but the gist of it is that the "doctor's orders" exemption only applies to tint which was applied BEFORE 1997 and the exemption will not apply to ANY car after January 2008.

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
Originally posted by Ten32@Jan 4 2006, 07:04 PM
That said, you knew the tint was illegal when you got it.  Why would you purposely do something illegal and then come hope that there's a way out of it?
[snapback]109317[/snapback]​

Just about everyone knows that tint is illegal, and everyone knows why it's done, because it makes the car look nice. We can sit here and ask why do people do a lot of things, but we can all answer that. People just have to realize that their choices will sometimes attract attention to them, whether it be good or bad.

But I will say that driving with 5% on the side window is risky as hell. Just have to be quick with the window switch when the POLICES run up on the side. :p

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by Ten32+Jan 4 2006, 11:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Theautoguy
@Jan 4 2006, 09:31 PM
[snapback]109340[/snapback]​

Won't work... I already posted the exact law in another post, but the gist of it is that the "doctor's orders" exemption only applies to tint which was applied BEFORE 1997 and the exemption will not apply to ANY car after January 2008.
[snapback]109358[/snapback]​
[/b]

No shit! That sucks!

I suppose its a good thing that I think that I'm too damn good looking not to be seen while driving my car! :lolsign:

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
go to court..pay the fine.
remove tints yourself.
no sense in getting tickets monthly for tints.
Take it from those who have been there and done that.

No way you can stick it to the man. Because they will just continue to FINE you til you cant afford to pay anymore.

xplicitt

Regular
Nov 11, 2008
Been there done that with the tints. Just remove them and dont look back!! If you have to go to court a second or third time, the judge will not be easy on you like the first! My windows on the GP have never been tinted because I would hate to get stoppped on the way home from the bar after having a few beers and get stopped for tints.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info