3800 rims in winter?

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
I wouldn't roll around all year with rims for a few reasons...just some things to think about:

There are going to be those days when your rims get trashed from salt and snow and it will be too cold to be able to clean them off and they will get pitted. The days where the water you bring out to clean them with will freeze on your rim, even when you are in the garage! Some of the aftermarket wheels don't hold up as well as factory wheels. Even wheels like "Foose" which is a big name now will pit from salt quickly, in like a little over a week if not cleaned. Happened to my boss who happens to be a fanatic about about wheel cleaning.

Plus if you get wheels you probably want to put some high perf tires on them for the first three seasons and put some winter tires on the stockers for better traction all year round. Two sets of tires will outperform your best all season tire, you just have to do some wheel swapping before the cold.

If you're running a really low profile which everyone seems to be doing, do you really want to damage your wheel by sliding on some snow or ice into a nice tall curb?

You could run the wheels all year, I guess you will just have to be extra careful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info