3800 I get to tint all my windows....

I just got back from the eye doctor and I guess I have photo sensitivity. They said they can write me a prescription so I can tint my windows what ever I want. They said I just need to find out who they address the prescription to. Do you guys have any idea who they need to address it too? I told them I thought the state but they need a physical address. Anyone know?
Thanks,
Eric

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
LOL!!
Nice try. especially if you are a young kid..and with the orland cops..LOL!!

about 8-10 yrs ago it was ok to have tinted windows with medical RX.
Im sure somewhere the rules changed

I used to have one from an opthamologist and my PCP for both my cars.
But the state trooped pulled me over and called BS. He said the judge could firgure it out. So needledss to say I ended up in court got fined and still had to remove the tints. Judge said thats why they have RX sunglasses. Now take the tints off and get some sunglasses.

I tink only ppl who have allergies to the sun (skin) are allowed to have dark windows.

Im sure you can still get away with it..but the hassle it not worth "being cool"
all the time spent in court...time spent being pulled over and the general hassle sucked! I ened up removing the front tints and life has been better!

***also the RX is written in your name and must be carried in your car at all times*** must be renewed annually IF THEY STILL ACCEPT IT!

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
My eyes are really sensitive to light (even ask my wife). I had tons of paperwork from 2 different docs and everything. This was for my white car..

Had the same thing happen as with alex...

Judge told me to get special glasses for light, or don't drive during daylight (idiot).

Needless to say, my current car only has the rears tinted.

Plus you are MUCH more likely to get pulled over and harrased, even if the cop does buy the reason, he is more likely to ticket you for something else.

Also, Every time I have gotten my windows tinted, they never had a problem tinting the front windows, just told me I was on my own. I don't think you need a prescription for them to do that.. never heard of that.

Stay away from it.. if you don't want to be paying money, and taking them off anyway. I just have a good pair of sunglasses in all my cars.

John

Originally posted by ThaLord@Dec 30 2005, 05:37 PM
My eyes are really sensitive to light (even ask my wife). I had tons of paperwork from 2 different docs and everything.  This was for my white car..

Judge told me to get special glasses for light, or don't drive during daylight (idiot).

Plus you are MUCH more likely to get pulled over and harrased, even if the cop does buy the reason, he is more likely to ticket you for something else.

Also, Every time I have gotten my windows tinted, they never had a problem tinting the front windows, just told me I was on my own. I don't think you need a prescription for them to do that.. never heard of that.

Stay away from it.. if you don't want to be paying money, and taking them off anyway. I just have a good pair of sunglasses in all my cars.

John
[snapback]108760[/snapback]​

I know i can get them all tinted, it would just be for the state. I would get good sunglasses but i have to wear glasses while driving.

Originally posted by Partyhardoo69+Dec 30 2005, 06:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ThaLord
@Dec 30 2005, 05:37 PM
My eyes are really sensitive to light (even ask my wife). I had tons of paperwork from 2 different docs and everything.  This was for my white car..

John
[snapback]108760[/snapback]​

I know i can get them all tinted, it would just be for the state. I would get good sunglasses but i have to wear glasses while driving.
[snapback]108764[/snapback]​
[/b]
Okay well i thought about it and i think i still want to do this. My moms a lawyer and thinks we just have them send it to the secretary of state…..does that sound right?

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
625 ILCS 4/12-503(g)
Paragraph (a) of this section (which spells out the rules for window tinting) shall not apply to any motor vehicle with a window treatment, including but not limited to a window application, reflective material, nonreflective material, or tinted film, applied or affixed to the motor vehicle for the purposes set forth in item (1) or (2) BEFORE the effective date of this amendatory act of 1997 and:

(1) that is owned or operated by a persona fflicted with or suffering from a medical illness... which would require that person to be shielded from the sun....

This subsection shall not be construed to authorize window treatments applied or affixed on or after the effective date of this Amendatory Act of 1997.

Sorry, man, you're out of luck. Buy some sunglasses.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info