3800 Can the IPOD shuffle be played in the car?

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Stacey, I think your talking about this

The Belkin Tunecast II Mobile FM Transmitter connects your iPod shuffle to your car or home stereo system. Plug it in, tune to any clear FM frequency and enjoy your music.

accessoriestunecast20050111.jpg

Go Here: http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/accessories.html

Hope this helps

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
A lot of people get pretty disapointed with those FM modulators though.. the sound quality is sometimes not all it's cracked up to be.

Someone should engineer an actual in dash deck that has a plug in port for an ipod... that would be awesome. Kind of the way a lot of those mini systems for you home are...

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by toastyj@Dec 30 2005, 08:46 PM
A lot of people get pretty disapointed with those FM modulators though.. the sound quality is sometimes not all it's cracked up to be.

Someone should engineer an actual in dash deck that has a plug in port for an ipod... that would be awesome.  Kind of the way a lot of those mini systems for you home are...
[snapback]108769[/snapback]​

lots of aftermarket stereos have em and lots of brand new 06's have em :D its an 1/8" input......stacey do you have a stock stereo on your car? if its not do you have the model numbe ron the radio and i can find out if it has an AUX input...THAT is the absolute best way to hook it up......

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
I used to use an iTrip FM transmitter and I've been very disappointed with the sound quality. You get a lot of static and in a big city like Chicago (and the 'burbs) it's difficult to find a completely free frequency.

I'm going to be doing a custom iPod hardwire in my 2004 GP (non-monsoon radio). I've done it before in my old car (2005 Scion tC) and I'll post up a write-up as soon as I get in done in the GTP. Mine is going to be set up to charge my iPod while it plays through the stock radio, but if you don't use the $60 power cord, you'll be left with just a 1/8 jack and it should work with the Shuffle.

I'm just saving up for the install right now (already also have an amp and four new speakers to replace the factories), so I'll keep you posted.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
you could even use one of those vent cellphone holders to hold the iPod too!!......wait....crap we have those damn spinnign globe vents....well we will makeshift one!!

P.S.
we should have a stereo install day! then i can get my subs and amp outta friends car and get all new interior speakers again!....damn my malibu's sound was amazing =/

- Craig

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info