3800 IC Pump

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I need to replace my Flojet because its leaking.

What's the latest and greatest pump to use nowadays? I've experienced ZZP's, Jabsco, W-Body, and Flojet. That Flojet cost me $125 and it latest about 1.5 years. I thought it would last a lot longer. Not that good of an investment.

I'm thinking about this:
Lightning IC Pump

Any input would be helpful.

J.E.T.

I

imported_Theautoguy

How about this:

1P811.JPG

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml

Click here to the PDF link of the page for this. it has a better description than the one online:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/viewC...se&CatPage=3184

I can probably get this pump to your door for $23.54 total cost!

The 2P366 also listed on that PDF page may work well. I can get that to your door for $65.92.

2P366.JPG

As a matter of fact, if you find any pump you want to use from Grainger, P/M me and I can get it to you cheap and with a nice warranty!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

That's a good price on a good pump.

Circulation pumps are the best. They have a larger, slower moving impeller that decreases aeration. I did a bunch of research trying to find the best solution all around and came up with a model that Johnson makes. It flows 7 gpm, lightweight, great warranty, rated for cont use, and low current draw. It's achillies heel was the price. SRP is $179, and with what we can get it for the lowest we can sell it for is around $120ish...and that barely covers shipping to us.

It would be a good idea to find out the flow rate on that one. The ZZP IC's like to be 6-8gpm IIRC. The Intense, and WBS stg2 cores are good 4-6gpm, and the Stg3 cores like 7-8gpm.

I suck at the internet I think. I was searching high and low for that pump, and couldn't find anyone selling it.

I

imported_Theautoguy

The 1P811 flows 5.65 GPM and the 2P366 flows 2.6 GPM. The 2P366 has a built in pressure shut off if there is a blockage and can self prime up to 6'. The 1P811 has to be mounted towards the bottom of the system.

Ron would know better on these pumps than I do, he obviously knows more than your average bear!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by jk99gtp@Dec 29 2005, 04:25 PM
JET,

Let me know which pump you decide with going on, because in the future I want to go with something more reliable than the centri puppy ones. Sick of replacing motors  :(
[snapback]108656[/snapback]​
I'll let you guys know on the pump. I can say with all sincerity the Ford pump is a great buy. Diaphragm, flexible impeller, and bilge pumps are bad news for IC performance. I talked with a few manufacturers about this stuff. Even if you only had 3gpm flow with a circulating pump, it would give better IC perfomance than a 7gpm bilge pump because of the aeration issue.

We're going to do our best to get the best price on this, and in the process have stumbled upon a de-gas res that will work well for our cars too. Mike has a history with Ford racing products, and I'm confident we can get this as a stocking item for a great price.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Well, I need to buy one right now, so I've decided on this:

Flojet 4105-501

-Diesel Fuel Transfer.
-Liquid Transfer Jobs.
-Dockside Plumbing.
-Dewatering or circulation.
-Engine oil changing. - hell if it can move warm oil, it can move coolant!
-General purpose pumps are fitted with oil resistant elastomers, allowing pumping of diesel fuel, used warm engine oil and liquid transfer or dewatering.
-Self-priming. May be mounted above the water line.
-Designed with heavy duty ball bearings, thermal overload protection and a continuous duty motor for long life.
-Runs dry without harm to the pump.
-3.3 gpm (12.5 lpm) & 5.0 gpm (18.9 lpm) available in 12 & 24 Volt dc.
-Includes plug-in ports for easy installation.
-Two garden hose ports.
-Two 3/4" (19mm) hose barb ports.
-Also includes a 3/4" (19mm) inlet strainer.

Price will be around $80. I'll ask Autoguy to hook me up.

My former pump was the Flojet 4125-501 which had the same specs but flowed 5gpm. The motor still runs, but the body has a small leak. The nice thing about Flojet asside from the specs is that they are serviceable and parts can be purchased. So to fix my old pump will cost $13.97 (hoping its the valve assembly gasket.) It should have lasted longer though, dammit. But it seems that none of these pumps are lasting.

It seems the Ford pump doesnt have any power wires and it needs a special weatherpack connector. I couldnt find any specs on it.

Following the lead of Ron V - I'm already using a Ford de-gas can in my ic system.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list