3800 Question about my Computer

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I have no idea ow this happened, but I don have background color. You know how ILGPC web site has a blue back ground? Well, mine is white now on all websites. Any one know the fix for this.

One more question

I bought a 2.5" 37 gig external hard drive. Just for shits n giggles I wanted to save videos from www.streetfire.net onto the exernal HD. My problem is i dont have any options to save the video. No SAVE TARGET AS or SAVE AS. The only options I have are save the link which turns ino a notepad and thats useless

Can anyone please help?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I have no idea ow this happened, but I don have background color. You know how ILGPC web site has a blue back ground? Well, mine is white now on all websites. Any one know the fix for this.

Hey Mike, I think I can help.

help.jpg

Click the advance button in display propertys, and see if any settings in there could fix the problem. Also check for virus/spyware, they could do some weird stuff to your computer.

I bought a 2.5" 37 gig external hard drive. Just for shits n giggles I wanted to save videos from www.streetfire.net onto the exernal HD. My problem is i dont have any options to save the video. No SAVE TARGET AS or SAVE AS. The only options I have are save the link which turns ino a notepad and thats useless

I dont think there is away in IE but if you use firefox there is a "page info" tool in the tools menu where you can save anything on a website. I cant figure out how to save videos off streetfire though. :(

firefoxMedium.jpg

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by MrT@Dec 28 2005, 08:47 PM
in firefox :)

tools - options - content - colors

'check' allow pages to choose colors, F5 B)
[snapback]108587[/snapback]​

What if that didnt work? I am starting to not like FIREFOX as of right now. For some reason after I downloaded the newest version which is 1.5 it seemed like thats when the weirdness started. When I try to download a new theme and try to switch over it will not switch to the themeI downloaded. It stays at the default.

Any other really good web browsers out there?

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by ThaLord@Dec 29 2005, 11:33 AM
How about now? Does it work right? I changed some things... in case you were on the wrong skin..  IM me... thalord123

John
[snapback]108630[/snapback]​

John, I'll let you know if anything is different. I forgot to bring my laptop to work today, but I dont hink its your website. That back ground color happens in all the forums I go to

Mike

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Dec 30 2005, 10:31 PM
Well you could always backup your stuff and reformat and reinstall your operating system. Its always nice to have a fresh computer once in a while, and I am 100% sure this will fix your problem.

This is very easy todo because your HP computer comes with restore disks.
[snapback]108774[/snapback]​

After a night of getting all tanked I woke up this morning pissed off. I had to return the computer. I wound up returning it and buying an upgraded HP. I bought the Pavilion dv4307cl. While at it I decided to buy Norton 06. Outstanding!!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Where did you buy this computer mike? What store lets you return a used computer and get your money back?

I looked up that dv4307cl, its a nice laptop 1.7 Centrino, 1GB ram, 100GB HD. Your gonna get good battery life with that Centrino. The only thing that sucks about that computer is the graphics card, but what you going todo its only a laptop most laptops have shitty graphics cards anyway.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Jan 1 2006, 10:49 AM
Where did you buy this computer mike? What store lets you return a used computer and get your money back?

I looked up that dv4307cl, its a nice laptop 1.7 Centrino, 1GB ram, 100GB HD. Your gonna get good battery life with that Centrino.  The only thing that sucks about that computer is the graphics card, but what you going todo its only a laptop most laptops have shitty graphics cards anyway.
[snapback]108866[/snapback]​

Only at Costco. I love that place. Heres what most people do not know about Costco. If ou are a member and you have your receipt you can return anything you want when ever and get your cash back except electronics. They have a 6 month return policy. This just kicked in recently because what would happen is college kids would buy a laptop or a desktop, use it for college and then return it to get there money back. Now they have six month policy. What I do is I take a look at there website every few months and see if they have an upgraded version or new technology out on the computers. I just return the dam thing make up some kind of story to why I am not satisfied. Most of the time they wont even ask questions or look at the product. They will give you the cash or credit your creditcard all day long. I bought Norton 06 from Costco for $45.00. At Bestbuy it was going for $100.00 along with rebates that brings it down to $60.00. My opinion is the $45.00 a year is well worth shopping at Costco. Another thing is they are good customer service and very friendly people.

My friends always give me there cash for blank DVD-Rs or CDs because I always get buy one get one free 100 packs of those. Again I love Costco.

How do I know this forsure?

My Godmother works for Costco. She knows the loop holes.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Originally posted by MIKES3@Jan 1 2006, 01:55 PM
Mike, Does the Graphix card have anything to do with the movies I play or just games? If so, where can I get a decent graphix card?
[snapback]108871[/snapback]​

Any newer hardware accelerated 32MB+ Graphics card will play DVD's and other movies just fine. If you play any sorta games with high graphics such as Counter Strike, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Quake 4, etc you will need a much better card to get good frame rates.

With laptops they have very limited expandibilty or upgradibility so upgrading your graphics card in a laptop cant be done. Laptop graphics cards are built into the motherboard there not a actual removable card that plugs into the motherboard as desktops have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info