3800 Site Info

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
It's that time of the year again...

I need to renew the license for the software powering this site, and need to re-register the domain name. As everyone here knows, I cover the entire bill for dedicated web hosting for ILGPC, and ask very little in return. Everyone here get's to use a free forum, with many options, and very fast connection, and many people are even using email services ([email protected]) as well as some people with their own webspace. All the costs of all of these services are absorbed by myself, and the few who donate. And although donations do not cover the expenses of even webhosting, I never complain.

So to get to the bottom line. I am looking for people to start helping out. I need people to help cover the expenses of the board software, registration and such.

To donate via paypal, use [email protected]. If there are any comments, questions, or concerns, please PM me.

Thanks!

John

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Dec 20 2005, 06:39 PM
Give me an idea of what it costs and I should be able to be a donating member.

Would I get a "Get Out Of Banning Free" card just in case I loose my cool some time?
[snapback]107945[/snapback]​
yeah i want to be able to say boobs as many times in one post as possible
jk

yeah if it was broken down about how much should a person donate

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Dec 21 2005, 08:38 AM
I think it just says it under your avatar where it says Group: its says contributing Member
[snapback]108027[/snapback]​

That's the only acknowledgement I'd need, how much do you want John? If you want to P/M me I might surprise you with what I can contribute?

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
there is a another forum.. but.. it doesn't really have anything in it.. there is really no discussions.. it allows access to an ftp (which hasn't been up for awhile) I have.. but that's pretty much it.

In terms of advantages... you get the feeling of helping out the community you are part of.. as well as a larger pm box and other little things like that..

If you are interested in donating.. pm me..

And in terms of breaking it down .. that would be impossible.. becuase it would have to be based on a number of confirmed donaters.. which would never happen.. I am just asking if people have a little they can contribute.. it would help..

John

Edit: Added some stuff..

Q

qwertykilla

Originally posted by ThaLord@Dec 20 2005, 04:02 PM
It's that time of the year again...

I need to renew the license for the software powering this site, and need to re-register the domain name. As everyone here knows, I cover the entire bill for dedicated web hosting for ILGPC, and ask very little in return. Everyone here get's to use a free forum, with many options, and very fast connection, and many people are even using email services ([email protected]) as well as some people with their own webspace. All the costs of all of these services are absorbed by myself, and the few who donate. And although donations do not cover the expenses of even webhosting, I never complain.

So to get to the bottom line. I am looking for people to start helping out. I need people to help cover the expenses of the board software, registration and such.

To donate via paypal, use [email protected]. If there are any comments, questions, or concerns, please PM me.

Thanks!

John
[snapback]107935[/snapback]​

I WILL DONATE 25$... STEVE K.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
TTT

xierxior - 160 does not buy the software.. it buys the right to use it.. without any kind of updates.. as does this software... the problem is.. if you let software get too out of date.. the flaws become public and the risk of comprimise becomes high.

The license has to be renewed yearly to avoid this issue, and the registration of the domain name.

I also like it when people offer no help, and only advice to just get it cheaper. I have provided this board for years without demanding help. I am not charging or anything else.. yet offer more than most boards out there (email, web space, etc.) I have had only a couple of people actually send anything and I greatly appreciate that.

Hopefully this year is better than last.

John

Edit: After thinking about it.. I am sure your comments were with good intentions.. and don't want you think that I meant anything bad about them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info