3800 gapping change needed for water /meth inj.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by sinr247@Dec 18 2005, 11:21 PM
as listed, i have 104's  on now gapped at 54, i will be swithcing back to ngk tr6's
dont now the gapping i need for the listed setup
[snapback]107732[/snapback]​

Don't switch...104s are a good plug. Start the gap at .054 and close it down if the car runs crappy or stutters at WOT.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by sr71_rgl+Dec 19 2005, 08:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sinr247
@Dec 18 2005, 11:21 PM
as listed, i have 104's  on now gapped at 54, i will be swithcing back to ngk tr6's
dont now the gapping i need for the listed setup
[snapback]107732[/snapback]​

Don't switch...104s are a good plug. Start the gap at .054 and close it down if the car runs crappy or stutters at WOT.
[snapback]107812[/snapback]​
[/b]
i think 104's kinda suck, i started getting a degree of kncok that i didnt have with the ngk's gapped at the same and i think my milage was a little better two, ive heard all of the good points of 104's and thats why i put them in. ive just been unhappy with the way autolites perform

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
stick to autolite.
go to 103 if you are seeing some knock.
do not use the NGk way overpiced and they are essentially the same plus as the 103's.

Also GAp depends on pulley size if you are introducing more boost I would go with a smaller gap.

The water/alky does not introduce more air it just helps cool the imcoming inlet temps.

I would stay with a .054 and slowly go smaller as more boost is introduced.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by alexgtp@Dec 20 2005, 01:44 PM
stick to autolite.
go to 103 if you are seeing some knock.
do not use the NGk way overpiced and they are essentially the same plus as the 103's.

Also GAp depends on pulley size if you are introducing more boost I would go with a smaller gap.

The water/alky does not introduce more air it just helps cool the imcoming inlet temps.

I would stay with a .054 and slowly go smaller as more boost is introduced.
[snapback]107890[/snapback]​
ok thanks for the info...one thing, changing plugs is a bitch in a half, i really work up a sweat watching raven change them for me, and if i get knock changing all of them again and retesting could take all day, and alot of nagging and crying from a grown man having to keep redoing them

does that sound like a pain in the dick to anyone else, i know its needed but damn

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
plugs once you get the hang of them should not take more than 30 min.

when doing plugs please use anti sieze on the plugs.. and apply di electric grease to the tips that go into the boots. This will prevent the boots from seizing on. Now you can do 30 min swaps..LOL!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list