3800 Need some resume critiquing...

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Well, I recently started to put my resume/cover letter together in an effort to begin my career mid-2006. I have never actually put one together until now, which is why I am looking for constructive criticism here. I have conducted successful research on the topic and feel more informed than when I began.

If there is anyone with some time and experience in resumes/resume writing, please feel free to take a look at mine and offer advice. It would be greatly appreciated.

And unfortunately, I will NOT be able to compensate anyone for their successful critiquing if it lands me a well-paying job.

Oh, and I am not worried about the appearance of it (unless there is something very wrong with it), but I am concerned about the content. I chose a functional resume because I do not have much experience in the field, but my education is where I feel I hold an edge. TIA. :)

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
pefect. short simple and to the point.

having spoken to a cple human resource ppl. they enjoy the short and to the poin tresumes. over the long and drawn out ones.

ONly problem I found was that your objective is very cliche. Very un original.

remember the first thing they will se is that opening line.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Good objective statement! I'd move the "computer Skills" section to the bottom and add a "References upon Request" statement under that. Further, I'd dress up the "Experience" descriptions with a few 25 cent words. You could add some color to the descriptions too; like a janitor would describe his position as a "Sanitation Engineer" rather than a urinal scrubber!

Congratulations on the MBA. I too just finished mine and am in the process of updating my resume for opportunities in 2006.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list